Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weekly Words Challenge

This week's WWC from Tink are "INANIMATE" & "YELLOW"

INANIMATE

This is Enchanted Rock.

It was at the peak of this rock where hubby proposed to me 4 years ago.


It may be inanimate, but there is much life there & it is where our life together began.

FEEL THE CHEESE!!! ;)


YELLOW


I don't really have any one thing that stands out, so I'll share several pics of mine.


This was taken at Chandon winery with my hubby, BF, & her hubby in Napa Valley.
It is my BF's favorite sparkling wine & also now mine.


This is my Australian Shepherd mix dog, Merlah in her rain coat.
She was thinking, "Will ya hurry up with the stupid pictures so we can go for our walk in the rain!"


This scary looking lady is what I believe to be a Banana Spider. She hung out in our back yard for a number of weeks, and YES, we let her stay until she disappeared one day. Spiders are good people....they eat insects like mosquitos!!! (Sorry if this picture freaked you out, but I think it is pretty amazing....says the animal loving dork.)

Have I mentioned how much I love orchids?!?!


Next week's words:

"Assortment" and "Purple"

Your turn to play!

10 comments:

Jen said...

. . . and birds eat spiders, thankfully. Crickets eat baby wolf spiders (i.e. the one you found in your kitchen a few nights ago). You need crickets.

Cool pictures! (minus the spider)

Tink said...

Enchanted Rock! Man, my list of sites to see gets bigger and bigger each time I come here. First Maui, now this. :)

Great pictures. I love the dog in the raincoat. Adorable.

g-man said...

Way cool spider !!! I have a few spider pictures myself (not for WWC) I think they are interesting and creepy at the same time. Excellent photos.

Jay said...

That's a pretty scary spider!

Great pics!

Love the doggy rain coat. He's a very stylish dog.

Jen said...

mwahhhhahhhahahahah!

I "tagged" you, girl.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! My dog would never sit still like that, especially with a raincoat on!

I like the spider picture. I love looking at those critters too. Glad you let her hang around.

Allison Horner said...

Yeah, that spider was pretty cool. I named her Sally. ;p Don't know what happened to her. Perhaps she moved on to someone else's garden.

Jen said...

she got eaten by a bird.

Anonymous said...

Son and I love the dog in a rain coat. That is kinda funny.

Cool pics!

tt said...

eaten by a bird...ha ha cracked me up!
Merlah is beautiful in anything!
I love that pic of the 2 of you on the rock. So young and innocent..well, young anyway. ;)