Thursday, November 15, 2007

They truly have made me a better person

I agree with their thoughts & it's those thoughts that have gotten me through some of the rough times over the years with my crazy, disabled, & sometimes sickly but oh-so-cute and lovable rescued fuzzies.

"Come to [a rescue] to give, to love, to save a life -- and to mend your own spirit. For [a rescue] will reward you in ways you never thought possible. I can promise you this -- a rescue dog will make you a better person."

4 comments:

tt said...

Very well said!
Thanks..

Jen said...

This is a fabulous post!

Look what wonders you have done with Simon and Merlah! Remember the day you brought me a birthday gift (George Foreman Grill) and I was brushing the not yet named Merlah for hours & hours? Getting the dead fleas, dirt and hair off of her. Remember how emaciated she was? She limped. She was a throw away. But she had a beautiful (& tenacious) spirit.

Who knew a few days later she'd be going home with you! And what a fantastic forever home she got!

tt said...

Aww....Jen made my eyes leak...
Bravo to you and Jen!!!!

Allison Horner said...

Who woulda thought I would find such a nice post on Best-of-Craigslist? I was just reading it for some laughs, but ran across that post & it touched me. :)

Jen: I will always remember that day. Poor Merlah! She was such a mess, wasn't she? I thought it was amazing all the work you did to rescue her off the street, get her clean & get her to the vet. Yeah, as soon as I brought her into my apartment to "foster" her, I knew I was in love & couldn't ever give her up.

I truly do believe that animals know you have rescued them & are grateful for it. They give us so much love (as I type this, Marci is sitting in my lap purring and licking my hand).

TT: Jen is a sweetie, and she sure can make the eyes leak from time to time. ;)