Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I so would not make a good Buddhist


So last night I walk into the kitchen and nearly screamed. There was a little wolf spider & probably about 20 TEENIE-TINY little baby spiders spread out all around her on our kitchen floor. I have never seen such a site! Apparently wolf spiders carry their young on their abdomen for awhile after they hatch. Interesting! I don't know if maybe I accidentally kicked her & her babies spread everywhere or if that was their time to leave momma. Anyway, it was kinda cool. I decided to save momma spider & let her outside. However, I had no idea how I was going to catch the babies that were just a little bigger than a flea. How was I to save all them spread all over the floor? Well, this is the part where I would make a bad Buddhist & hopefully God will forgive me. I ended up squishing them. :( Am I a bad human/animal lover?

I know.....I am a HUGE dork. Ya don't have to tell me. ;)

6 comments:

tt said...

No, you're not a dork silly... I think 'compassionate' is a better description for you. You're a 'healer' remember?
You did very well under the circumstances I think. A heck of alot better than I would have that's for sure. They would all be squished if I had seen them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sings..."eensy, weensy, spider
climbed up the water spout..."
(eeeeeverybody sing along, you know you want to!)
Spiders are good. Spiders in the kitchen are bad. Spiders belong in water spouts...

tt said...

I love your Mom!!!!!!!!!
Sing it sister!!

Sunshine said...

Flashback!! The night before we moved out of the condo we had one of those things on the porch. We couldn't tell what was on the spider, but I knew it had to die. J stepped on it and a trillion little babies went everywhere. We spent at least 20 mintue stomping all over the place - killing every last one. No - you're not a bad person. Spiders don't deserve to live. Especially in the kitchen! Yuck!

Allison Horner said...

I'm weird b/c I like spiders. Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved most living things..even some "bugs." I don't like cockroaches, though...they DO make me scream & squirm. bleh!

Mom: You are so cute!!! ;)

Tink said...

I once had the same thing happen in an office with a brown recluse. My boss stomped on the Mom and the little poisonous babies went scattering everywhere. Freaked me out for weeks!