Friday, November 30, 2007

Crap that bores the crap out of crap

I have been tagged to do another meme (rhymes with dream), yet again, thanks to G-man over at Man Overboard! However, this time I have to tell you people SEVEN things about lil' o' me. Cuz' it's all about me.

The rules:
1. Provide a link to the person who tagged you, and spell out the rules of the meme on your blog.
2. Share 7 (seven) random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 (seven) random bloggers with this meme and post links to their blogs at the end of this post.
4. Let those who have been tagged know so by leaving a comment on their blog, and telling them where to find information regarding the meme they are now obliged to do.

Here goes...

1. Sometimes I daydream that I am a rock star. So, I can't really sing well, or dance well, or play a real instrument, but a girl can dream, can't she? I would totally rock out Gwen Stefani style (when she was in No Doubt).

2. I can't play a real instrument, but I can play a mean air guitar. Apparently in my grunge - Doc Martin & plaid wearing - Lolapolloza going - mosh pit days, I played air instruments every-so-often & my parents saw this. They decided to then buy me an acoustic guitar thinking that I had enough discipline to learn how to play. It is collecting dust under our guest bed. Maybe someday I will learn how to play.

3. Speaking of dreams. I also still dream of being a wildlife biologist or veterinarian. For the longest time, I really wanted to be a veterinarian, especially one in a zoo. I have also often wondered what life would be like if I was like the late Steve Irwin or like Jane Goodall or the goofy Jeff Corwin. I love wildlife! I love it so much, that on a solo business trip to San Diego one time, I spent my Satuday there ALL day at the San Diego zoo from opening to closing & I had a blast!

4. I really want to learn a martial art. This has been a goal of mine for a long time & I don't know why I have never pursued it. I have no good excuse. Hubby is trained in a Kung Fu. He hasn't trained in some years & we discuss that once we are more settled (i.e. I am working & we have moved into the next home) maybe we can find a martial arts school & train together (although he would obviously be MUCH more advanced than me). I am not sure what school I would chose, but some of the Chinese forms are so beautfiul & graceful, I'd have to consider one of those.

5. I have had some gnarly stoopid injuries: When I was 3 years old, I sustained a pretty nasty burn. I was running around a table (b/c that's what 3 year olds do) chasing nothing & tripped over the cord to one of those large coffee urns. The scalding hot coffee poured down my leg & according to my Mom, I had 2nd & a few 3rd degree burns. Luckily, I have no scars. When I was a Freshman in college, I BURNED MY RIGHT EYEBALL with a..... curling iron. I know, sounds scary & stupid all at once, eh? Luckily, again, I have no scars & my vision is 20/20 in both eyes to this day. And my final stoopid injury, again in college & attesting to my nerdiness, I once got so excited for getting straight A's (I was struggling that semester & wasn't expecting all A's) I jumped up in the air out of joy forgetting that the kitchen floor had just been mopped & can landing down, slid across the floor, & my leg slammed into the corner of a wall ripping open the skin on my shin. Thankfully, it was not a huge laceration, but I probably should had stitches. I didn't & I do have a scar, but it is a pretty cool one.

6. When I was 3 (apparently I was a handful at this age) I had an aversion to clothing. My mother would dress me & in zero seconds flat, I'd be all nekkid. Nekkid all the time. It didn't matter who was around. I did not want to wear clothing. Much to her, my husbad, and the rest of my family & friends relief, I grew out of that. I wonder if my mother ever worried that I was headed for a career in the adult entertainment world (JUST KIDDING!!!!). ;p Today I much prefer and am most comfortable to be fully clothed.

And

7. I know I am a big dork & I embrace my dorkiness! But I think I am darn cute dork. P.S. I just learned that dork used to have a not-so-nice meaning: DORK.


I'm not tagging anyone on this one, but if you want to play, feel free.

4 comments:

Jen said...

You're so cute in da face!

Lovely tid bits!

P.S. I think you should wear less clothes ***laughing*** - you always had the best bewbies among us! Always.

g-man said...

Thanks for doing this, you're a babe (and apparently clumsy and dorky one ;) I can't sing or play either.

#5 only goes to prove that chick's dig scars, even their own! :)

I bet Hubby wouldn't complain if you were nakkid around the house more often.

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Thanks. As always, you're a sweetie!!! P.S. Maybe we can plan to get togetha in January????

G-man: You're very welcome. Yes, some scars are pretty cool. You & Hubby have the best name ever!

tt said...

I adore that pic of you.
You're the cutest thing ever!