Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Everything Tastes Better with Cat Hair in It


Stupid Kitchen/Cooking Action #534

Over the past years of being a non-single woman, I must say I have done a FEW idiotic things things in the kitchen. Not cooking enough food....for ONLY TWO people......accidentally putting what I thought was dishwasher detergent (but was a LARGE bottle of hand washing dish detergent) into the BRAND NEW dish washer.....and I am sure there are many more

WELL....

Last night I decided it would be funny to throw Hubby's home-baked pizza on the open oven door and floor because I love cleaning dried, stuck-on cheese from cooking surfaces and food tastes much better with dog & cat hair stuck in it.

I'm only a little brain damaged.... I can somewhat function in the kitchen.....

I swears!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You should taste my food. With four dogs and two cats. . . . It's a Fur Festivus for the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

There isn't a woman alive who doesn't have funny stories of kitchen disasters, pets or no. Remember my bread which was trying to watch tv? Or the bread which tried to escape the freezer? I've had soup cake, stone pie, roasts that could be used as lethal weapons, scalloped potatoes that could be used in some obscure form of martial arts...on and on. Which is why we all are, for the most part, a rather slender family.

Allison Horner said...

Jen: I bet it's tough keeping up with the fur. How do you do it? What kind of vacuum cleaner do ya have, by the way? :)

Bob: You'll always be Frakenfoot to me. ;) Thanks for thinking of me as slender.

Jen said...

We've somewhat adapted to flying fur. Almost immune. However, as I've aged, which means in the last 2 months, I've become a bit obsessive and crochety. I'm no longer okay with fur. Seeing as we just fired our housekeepers, now it's up to me. You can be sure I'm back to daily vacuums once I'm over this drowning in paint thing.

I'll run the Roomba more too. Brushing the four legged furries helps mucho too. I've kinda slagged on that. . .

It's a daily battle. Albeit a losing battle, but I still try.