Thursday, November 1, 2007

This is Halloween! This is Halloween!

Hubby & I love Halloween. Unfortunately we have been Halloween partiless for the past 2 years! HOW SAD! Last year I was out of town for the month during one of my clinical rotations & this year we just didn't know of anyone having one & didn't want to dish out the $$ to have one ourselves (we have to save for our Maui trip!!!). I think next year we might try to have another one. It's just been entirely too long, and I miss how much fun they are!

Here are some pics from Halloweens past.

These first 2 were from our last 2005 party when hubby & I had just been our new house a few months (hence lack of decor & pre-flat screen TV!!), I had just started PA school, & had broken my right foot (hence the slippers & aircast). The last 2 were me pre-hubby & with braces! That last pic of me is one of those costumes that make people say, "Why do women use Halloween as an excuse to dress so sleezy???" blah! blah! blah! LOL! Halloween is fun. Dress how you want. Isn't Halloween about being something you're not?!?! Plus I was younger, single, and thought I was hot stuff. I definitely wouldn't & couldn't dress like that now, but it sure was fun!












4 comments:

Jen said...

We had some good parties, didn't we? I miss those! What was I in that last picture? Oh right, a gothic princess. . . OMG! but I will say I was mucho, mucho thinner then than I am now! Wow! that was the Halloween (2003) before I met the husband. . . I need to pull out the next years pictures! We look great there too, punk chic! Your hubby was a gladiator, if I remember right. . . . Fun times!

The difference between you and the girls that use Halloween to dress slutty, is that you don't look slutty nor did you ever act that way (regardless of how much alcohol you consumed).

You always had some r-e-s-p-e-c-t for yourself and others. It makes a huge difference when having fun in a costume.

Allison Horner said...

I hear ya, I was in SO MUCH better shape & skinner back in our early days, too.

I think the cop & gothic princess party was our 2002 party & the punk chic & gladiator was our 2003 party. I am totally drawing a blank on what you were in 2003...I have those pics somewhere but not on my laptop.

OHHHH & I'll never forget your toga bday party back in the day. That was so much fun. I think that the first time I met Mr. Ian.

Jen said...

I was a "Fallen Angel". That's when I was REALLY in shape! I had just met Thomas, so you're right, it was 2003. . . ? The picture here on your post is 2002. . .I'm sorry, I was confused! Or don't know how to type.

I had basically just met you at my toga party as well! That was a really fun night! One never forgets the meeting of Mr. Ian! That's for sure!

I loved having themed birthday parties. I wanted to do a wig one or one where everyone must dress in red. I also wanted my 35th to be a Beethoven theme & had cards (in my mind) designed with (on the outside) "By the time Beethoven was 35" (open up the invite) ". . . he was already dead." I just never threw another birthday party. I liked to just throw a party & have fun! Kinda of sad I stopped.

Tink said...

I have never gone to a Halloween party. Ever. I swear, I live in fogey-ville. Hoop and I need to move to somewhere where the average age is above 60. LOVE the pictures!