Friday, November 9, 2007

More hubby sweetness

I am a worry-wart when it comes to finances, which probably isn't bad because it has kept me out of financial trouble thus far. However, since I have been in school & especially now that I am getting down to the end of my student loans, I am EVEN more of a tight-wad these days. I won't buy myself much of anything right now unless I really need it. No new clothes. No new boots that I REALLY want. No hair cuts. I even made a horrible choice to dye my own hair last week, which I have been told repeatedly is MUCH harsher on the hair than having it professionally done. The only thing I have bought myself recently is a new pair of sunglasses b/c I lost my pair that I really liked, and even these new ones aren't that fancy-shmancy...but are cute. Anywho, with me still as a full-time, jobless student, the upcoming Hawaii trip & holidays, & some recent ENORMOUS vet bills (Simon & Marci issues), I am feeling very scroogy with myself. So much so I did something else rediculous yesterday...I drank cheap wine with dinner. I know, it's crazy, right? I mean, it's not like hubby doesn't have a good job or something, but not making money is really getting to me right now. I probably just have too much time to think about it. Anywho, I guess between my cheap wine drinking & my mopiness, Hubby felt bad & I woke up to such a sweet note telling me to get out of the house today, study in a coffee shop or something, get some good wine and to get my hair done so I will feel better. How sweet was that? He's so thoughtful. Best. Husband. Ever. Truly!

So, today I did get my hair done & got those new sunglasses that I needed and it is rediculous how happy that made me. The little things truly do make me happy.



I can never friggin style my hair like they do, so I had to get a pic. This is probably the best it will ever look.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I hate that too! I always tell my stylist that I need a "mini-misha" so I can carry her in my pocket & whip her out whenever I need fabulous hair!

I had a pair of Vogue sunglasses ($10 knock-offs, okay) that look similar to the Fossils you bought! Mine just broke on our Turks & Caicos scuba trip. ***bummer*** I've got to find new one's as I have been wearing my sport one's that are so. not. attractive. or. sheeshy.

P.S. That was awesomely sweet of the hubby! What a great day!

[Aaaaaaaaaand. When are we getting together? Huh? Huh? Huh? I almost called you today, but wasn't sure of your schedule.]

tt said...

You are the cutest!!! Love the do!
Pups so reminds me of Lovee! That's exactly the type of thing Lovee would have done. What great guys we have!
No worries though....nothing good ever comes out of worrying. It makes wrinkles and frown lines and I'm sure that's not on your list of things to get.
:)
xo

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Let's chat this week & try to plan a way to get togetha!!! :)

TT: The H-men are so sweet! :)

Tiffany Mohr said...

I remember going through grad school...Anytime anything was done for me, I cried! How helpless not to contribute and feel so dependent on others (the very thing I fought my whole life not to be!!!)

In retrospect...that helpless feeling was so temporary and such a tiny fraction of greater whole. I now feel that I contribute greatly when I can. And this financial struggle, too, is temporary - think of where you will be in just a year or two!!! That's so exciting!!!

Anyway...wanted you to know that I feel and remember your pain - know that the other side is near!!!

Tiffer

Allison Horner said...

Thanks, sissie! It was great to see you & J this weekend. I miss you! Hubby & I will try to make up to your neck of the woods as soon as we can.

Tink said...

Aw! 20 brownie points for hubby! When he gets to 100 he should get something special. ;)