Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 2 with Marci















We forgot how having a kitten is like having a toddler (except the whole putting her in the bathroom by herself when we have to get things done). We constantly have to keep our eyes on her & the occasional "No!" comes out when she chews on the plant moss or looks too interested in the curtains. Oh geez! But OH MY GOSH! She is so CUTE! Cutest kitten ever! I totally forgot what it is like to have a NORMAL cat. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Simon and actually the kitten makes me realize that even more. I am actually feeling bad for the Simonese. So, I make sure to spend my quality alone time with him when I can. He is NOT thrilled about having this kitten around...at all! He walks around hissing and yowling under his breath with an occasional growl. Poor Slimy! Hopefully he will eventually get used to her and maybe even eventually play and cuddle her.


So, I know you are wondering how the Merl-dawg is handling the kitten....Well, take a look at this:
















Merlah LOVES Marci! She sniffs her, grooms her, and whines sometimes when she can't see her. HOW ADORABLE! I was actually a little nervous how she would react, because Merlah isn't always very tolerating. She loves most adults, but she does not like children and is not fond of all animals. She tolerates Simon & likes my family's dogs. But she loves this kitten. Maybe she thinks of Marci as her puppy. She has only snapped her twice and it was during her precious nap time. So the snap was if she was telling Marci, "go away kid, you're botherin' me." "QUIET! SHUT UP! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP!" ;p


The first night of sleep was ok, but last night Marci woke up at 3:30am, so I grabbed her & placed her in bed with us. She was squirmy, so I didn't really get much sleep after that. Needless to say, we are both tired today. Although I am lucky, I decided to stay home today since my lecture today was optional. (I'll study from home.) Hubby had to get up before 6am. I bet he'll be dragging by the end of the day. Poor hubby! "What did we get ourselves into?"

We may be losing some sleep, but I am no stranger to that after these past couple years. So, it will probably be more annoying for the hubby. BUT we both adore Marci. It's good to see the hubby cuddle up with her. Simon rarely lets the hubby even pet him (Simon is a momma's boy), & I think he has missed having a sweet, normal cat to pet & play with.

Other than the loss of sleep & no more quiet evenings.....

We are having fun with this precious little girl.

1 comment:

tt said...

Oh my...she is precious!
Pups is pretty adaptable so I'm sure he'll be fine...after say....oh.....a couple weeks. LOL