Monday, October 29, 2007

Don't get too used to it....

The husband comes home yesterday to me pulling 2 loaves of freshly baked pumpkin banana bread out of the oven & marinating pork chops. We then have these grilled marinated pork chops with parsley & butter red potatoes, cucumber & tomato salad and a glass of Jacobs Creek Cabernet Sauvignon. When we finish, I don't get just a "thank you for a lovely dinner", but I also get a "I am so rubbing this in V's face tomorrow! I came home to fresh pumpkin bread, marinating pork, & my wife dusting & vacuuming!!" V is one of his coworkers & his wife is a stay-at-home mom and apparently is also perfect, suburban little Miss Suzy Homemaker. In the oh-so-eloquent words from Pink, "That just ain't me."

I didn't realize this was a competition. Is this who has the best wife? So, my response while rolling my eyes, "Yeah, well, I wouldn't get too used to it. When I get a job again, this probably won't happen as much."

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy cooking & keeping the house clean since I have the time right now. Especially, since the hubby did SO MUCH during these past 2 years when I was so crazy busy with school & clinicals.....of which I will always be grateful. However, it's going to go back to sharing more of the chores & less home cooked meals when I am working 40-50 hours/week starting next February.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Alli you're genius! I was going to make banana bread and pumpkin bread today, but now I only have to make one - combined! That's awesome!

I'm making us dinner tonight as well since the husband doesn't work until 6 PM (he usually does the 3 PM shift). We just won't have wine or any alcoholic beverage. Well, he can't - nothing says that I can't!

tee hee

Jen said...

I just finished making Pumpkin Banana Bread! Though I have yet to taste it, it smells fabulous!

I baked while I was making my famous spaghetti sauce. . . . I wish I could share a bottle of wine with T tonight. I think dinner is gonna be fine! ***hoping***

Allison Horner said...

The bread is yummy!!! mmm.

Your dinner plans sound good, too! MMM! Yes, enjoy a glass of vino...I am sure T will understand. :)