Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bitter Sweet

I only have one more day of classes left. I'm relieved and sad all at once. I am relieved that I no longer have any more school responsibilities after my master's research presentation tomorrow other than showing up for graduation in December. However, I am sad that I probably won't see many of my classmates after this. I am REALLY sad because one of my classmates that I have just recently become good friends with is moving to another state because her silly husband had to go and try to be all successful with getting into medical school. Pfft! So selfish to be leaving me!!! Why does this happen to me???? I finally make some good connections with a few of the girls and one of them ends up having to move away. I can't even begin to tell you how often this happens to me in my life. I need to stay put & my friends need to stay put! I wish I could just keep my good set of friends right near me for-eva! I know, I'm so selfish! Well, I guess it gives me a reason to travel. ;) But it sure would be nice to have more good girlfriends near by again. Thankfully, there are a FEW sticking around the H-town area. Well, I guess that is the good thing about going to work in a BIG HOSPITAL as opposed to a tiny clinic, plenty of peeps to make good friends with. And hopefully when the hubby & I move again, we'll be in an area with more young adults with similar interests & goals (except for that whole having babies thing...).

So, tomorrow will be a good day and a sad day. Graduation will be even more emotional. It's always hard to say goodbye...I like "see you soon" better.

4 comments:

tt said...

I never liked the 'good byes' either. I used the 'See ya later' thing too.
We met some great ppl in our travels and it's always hard for someone to move off...everyday life sometimes gets in the way of keeping in touch. Sad but true. But, we have to keep in mind that ppl come into our lives for various reasons and if they don't stay around in person, then we'll have to keep the memory of what they brought us. :)

Greg and Bobbie said...

i hope i'm one of the "good friends" staying in the area - except for the babies thing! :)
you know where i am - and i'm probably doing nothing like you! :)

Allison Horner said...

TT: I agree!!! People definitely come in and out of our lives for a reason. I just want less "going out." :)

Bobbie: You are definitely one of my good friends staying here! Thankfully! :) And it's friends like you that can help me appreciate kiddos from a far. :) Thankfully you & I have MANY other things in common to chat about for years to come, especially lots of nerdy medical things to annoy our hubbies. :) I'm not letting you go. You have no choice! ;) MWAH AWW AWW!!

Allison Horner said...

Miss, you too, JLu!!