Wednesday, October 10, 2007

For the love of pets

If you are tired of my blogs about pets.....well....

TOO BAD! ;p

Thankfully most of my readers are pet owners, so you all understand my obsessions.

:)

So, it's been a rough week for poor Simon. He has been yacking all week (yes, talking about cat-yack again). I thought it was b/c he was upset about Marci, but it continued, he was eating less & less, and when he would eat, it came back up. Poor Slimy!!! So, yesterday I took him to the vet and he is STILL there. They ran some labs & xrays yesterday. THANKFULLY, it doesn't look like an obstruction, but more likely a gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) or gastroenteritis (infection) or possibly just "nerves." So, they have had him hooked up to an IV running fluids, antibiotics, and anti-emetics (anti-nausea) meds. He has the Elizabethan collar and all!!! (Wish I could get a picture of that!) He didn't eat at all yesterday & today they are slowly feeding him soft food with a syringe and he hasn't gotten sick. If he continues to not "get sick," then he can come home with meds today. I hope so. I'll just have to keep him away from Marci & Merlah for a while to let him heal & relax. Poor Ki-ki!!!! :( And POOR ME - that is probably going to be an enormous vet bill (I also took Marci in yesterday for her first physical and more vaccinations). Ug!!! Maybe I should get pet insurance....

Anywho, on a lighter note, here are more cute Marci pics...

4 comments:

tt said...

Awww, she's just as cute as you!
Love the one w/ her and Merlah dawg!

ETK said...

Awww! Poor Slimy!!! You know yesterday I was telling a friend about Simon and Marci. And I couldn't figure out how to say Siamese...I kept saying Simonese. :) Ha! My brain is nothing but rotten mess.

Marci is so adorable!!! So little compared to Merlah!!! :)

Jen said...

Who gets sick of cute pictures?

She's looks bigger already!

Great pictures!

Allison Horner said...

Thankfully, Simon is home.....let's home he stay yack-free!