Thursday, March 1, 2007

Blah-Blah-Blah

Yes, it has been a few days since I have posted. My apologies to my VERY FEW avid readers. I know just how sad you are when I don't check in. ;p

Anywho, I had been quite busy this past month on my cardiology rotation. It was a difficult one, but I really enjoyed it & LEARNED so much. I could bore you with all the medical mumbo-jumbo of EKGs, heart catheterizations, hypertenstion (high blood pressure), congestive heart failure, coronary artery diease, MIs, arrythmias....blah-blah-blah....but I won't. I doubt I will go into cardiology, but man, I learned SO much and feel a lot more comfortable with it. I am much better at interpreting EKG strips and diagnosis/treatments for the various cardiac diseases. AND I have to tell you all this: STOP &/or DON'T smoke, watch your diets (decrease ALL sodium intake...chips, sodas, pickles, ketchup, soy sauce, table salt, preserved foods...), get some exercise, and PLEASE get regular check-ups. I saw some very, very sad situations (as I do every month). Ok, that's enough educationg/lecturing for now.

I have also been busy writing my paper on inflammatory bowel disease, which I turned in today. YEAH! It always feels so good finishing those & getting them turned in! I finished my rotation yesterday, and today had to watch other students' case study presentations. I have the rest of today through Sunday OFF! YEAH! Time to catch up on some sleep, cleaning, I SHOULD study, and I am really going to try to see my Woodlands friends this weekend. It's been too long since I have seen them! I miss those chickies!!!

Psychiatry (in & outpatient) is next! I am sure I will have all kinds of interesting stories during this month. :p

Ok, time to go eat & veg for a while.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, seeing some "Woodlands friends" includes a trip to Fort Worth, then?

Allison Horner said...

I would love to see you some time....it's been A LONG time....over 2 years....

Anonymous said...

So, this weekend then? I could use the help in planting 32 bushes!

Ohhhh the fun filled life of a married property owner . . .