Friday, March 23, 2007

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder


It really is true. The hubby has been out of town all week on business and returned late last night. It was a little tough at the beginning of the week since I was still sick (and he felt bad having to leave), but I think these little absences from one another truly do make us appreciate each other more. I do think some time away from one another is good from time to time. I was thinking about that more since a fellow blogger posted a question about that topic. As much as we love being with each other so much and we are each other's best friend, it is healthy to have some time alone now and then. My Dad has been traveling ever since I was a little girl. My parents missed each other a lot when he was away on business, and learned to really appreciate the time they spent together. Perhaps it made their love for one another that much stronger??? I don't know. Anywho, it's hard when the hubby is away, but we are so excited when we see each other again. :o)

He's so sweet.... he even brought home a little souvenior, which he does from time to time when he is away on his longer trips. :) What a thoughtful hubby!

It's good to have him home now.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I think that's why my heart's so fonder. I never see my husband. He's ALWAYS busy riding bicycles or playing up in the ER . . .

Allison Horner said...

Yeah, I remember my hubby used to say that Thomas always stayed so busy and on the go. He likes to stay busy, huh? :) I am sure ya miss him sometimes. But sounds like staying busy keeps him happy, eh?

Jen said...

Yep. I think he's got severe ADHD. . . even when he's on vacation he's ready to get back home and get to work. I could stay on vacation . . . He never stops. Never. And, as mentioned previously, if he's not at work, he's on the bicycle. Yesterday was 90+ miles - today was 50 miles. I'd die. Die I tell you!

Allison Horner said...

WOW! 90 miles? and then 50 miles the next day? Whoa!

I think that'd kill me, too! sheesh! :)