Friday, March 9, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

The psychiatrist that I am currently working for is on his way to Mexico today for Spring Break vacation with his family, and so I have the day off. I slept in until 9am!!!! WOW! It's been a long time since I slept this late. It was soooo nice!!!!

Today and this weekend, unfortunately, I will have to be studying A LOT! My current doc gave me some video tapes to watch that are about current psych meds. So, I have to watch those, take notes, and "teach him something." I also have to prepare a little lecture on bipolar mood disorder so that he and I can give a lecture to some of the nurses at the psych hospital he rounds at. Oh, and I really have to start getting serious about my upcoming end-of-block exam.


Next week I will be working with a local internal medicine doctor so that I will still be getting some patient contact while my doc is out of town. I hear my hours will start at 5am doing hospital rounds in Clear Lake and end around 6ish at his clinic in Alvin (15 min from my house). So, I'll be getting up at 3:30am next week....ACK! As you may or may not know, I am NOT a morning person, although getting better. The getting better part is due to my handsome hubby, AKA Pups, AKA Mooseman, AKA Scoot (he hates this name) being a morning person....he JUMPS out of bed at like 6-7 on weekends!!!

I don't think anyone really likes getting up at 3:30am.....

4 comments:

Jen said...

Okay, I think I wasted my holy crap on your last posting about "300". . .

6 AM? ? ? On the WEEKENDS? ? ? Geesh. Thank God Thomas is more like me when it comes to mornings. Although, we've changed a bit since January. I was getting disgusted at getting up at 10 or 11 AM. 1/2 the day is wasted by then. So, we've been getting up between 7 and 8 AM. I get more done. I enjoy the peace and quiet - listen to the birds and play fetch in the yard with the pups. [Not your pups, my REAL pups.] Have a little bowl of Kashi and a cup of java. Blog or not. Clean mostly.

I'm still NOT a morning individual, but I prefer it to getting out of bed so stoopidly late.

And, no. No. No. No one likes to have to roll out of bed at 3:30 AM. I feel for you. That's just painful. And wrong.

Allison Horner said...

Luckily it is usually 7ish that he wakes up. 6 am is more rare these days, unless we have a lot to do. I am usually between 7 and 8 on weekends these days since we no longer do late nights out like back in the single days. I agree, when I sleep much later, it does feel like most of the day is wasted. I only do the occasional late sleep like today when I have been feeling pooped. :)

tt said...

Pups is a chip off the ol' block that's for sure. I wasn't a morning person either for the first 10 years or so..lol
I rubs off on you though...You get lots done and still have time to play..Yep, he's just like Dad!
Good luck with your schedule and teaching the Doc something. You can do it...you're one smart cookie!

ETK said...

Oh. My. God. 3:30? AM? Holy crap. I feel for you!!!!