Friday, March 16, 2007

Ugh!

I am soooo tired of getting sick. EVERY FREAKIN' month I get sick since I started rotations. I have been feeling woozy & sick to my stomach all day (but still drove in at 4:30am), AND then I went to have my annual well woman exam and my blood pressure and heart rate is up, I am running a fever of 101.3, AND I had a bad/scary experience with the procedure today...so now I am anxious for my results. (I know enough medicine to freak myself out.) They also took some blood to look for another reason for my blood pressure and HR being high....I am hoping it is just this stomach bug & pain causing that. Unfortunately, I am at home and can't get a hold of anyone to vent to. The hubby is on a plane home from a business trip, can't get a hold of the mom, and I think most of my buds are working.

Anyway, I just needed to vent some way. I just want to be healthy again!!! I am so frikkin' tired of not being well and not feeling well. ugh! :(

I seriously hope that when my clinicals end in 3.5 months and things slow down at school, I can catch up on my health!!!

UGH! :(

3 comments:

tt said...

Awwww, poor thing! You are just surrounded by germs!!! Hospitals and clinics are just loaded with them. I've often wondered how ( or even"if") Doctors and nurses stay healthy being around sick ppl all the time. What a challenge for your immune system! I bet that when your life slows down a bit your body will get back to normal. ?There is a 24 hour virus going around up here with headache,vomiting and diarreah. I call that "both-enders" and I HATE both-enders!! Fortunately, we've been spared. Keep resting and give the chicken soup a try..Can't hurt right?

Jen said...

Feeling better?

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL ALL TOO WELL. And, I am not proud of that fact. Essentially, I was sick from November through all of February. It is well documented. I have FINALLY *knock on wood* gone 3 weeks without a sniffle, headache, bellyache, nausea, temperature, aches, pains, sticky, no voice, lung hack, snots, hot or freezing body temperature symptoms. Did I miss any? If I did, I can assure you I've had it at some point over these past 3 months. Mostly treated with Ibuprofen, Nyquil, Mucinex DM, Tylenol Cold/Flu, Benedryl and a few antibiotics now and then.

It was miserable. No lie.

So, I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL ALL TOO WELL.

And, by chance that I'm totally off my rocker . . . are you craving pickles and ice cream? Together? 'Cos those symptoms combined with the OB-GYN visit, might make one wonder as to whether or not one might be with child?

Hmmmmm . . .

Allison Horner said...

No, I am pretty sure I am not with child. Man, that would be the last thing I need right now. The OBGYN visit was just my yearly visit, and with me having that bad PAP a few years ago...I always worry that it could come back & be worse. I won't go into the details here.

Unfortunately, I am still sick & home today. I just want to be WELL!

I am probably going to have to make up these missed days some how. But not going to worry about that now. I just need to get well & get some strength back.