Friday, March 30, 2007

Yeah! I'm done!

It always feels good to get these daunting end-of-block tests over with!!!! PHEW!

It's been a pretty good day. A few of my classmates and I walked to a local cafe for lunch after our exams. It's always fun for us to get together after our exams and vent, complain, share stories, and make each other laugh! We hype each other up for the next rotations. We headed back to campus for orientations for the next block of rotations (Surgery & ER for me), and then a few of us headed over to a friends apartment for some mamosas & snacks....more stories, venting, and laughing. Good times! Hearing other peoples stories always makes me feel better about my negative experiences....there are always other students that have much WORSE experiences than I have had. As a matter of fact, I have been very blessed to have had mostly positive experiences through this clinical year. I really shouldn't complain.

So, now I am home & in my comfy clothes. I just want to lounge with the hubby tonight. Maybe eat some pizza & watch a movie. RELAXATION! No usage of the brain!

Sunday I leave for Victoria, which is like 2.5 hrs from home. I'll be there for 3.5 weeks for my general surgery rotation. Luckily, a fellow student of mine who is ther for the entire year, is allowing me to stay with her. I won't be working weekends, so I can come home. yeah! :) I'll be missing the hubby this month, but I am looking forward to the experience. It should be a good one.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like agreat day once the test was over. Not that you have to worry about test taking, Miss Ivy League!

Good luck in Victoria! Didn't know you were going to do ER too - would've been cool if you could have come here for that!

Allison Horner said...

Yeah this is my Surgery & ER block. I have general surgery in Victoria this month, next month is ER here at UTMB, and my very last month of all rotations is my surgery elective at MD Anderson.

Yeah, an ER rotation in Dallas/Ft Worth would have been fun. Unfortunately, we have no choice where we go. But hopefully my ER experience at UTMB in Galveston will be a good one next month.

I bet your ER MD hubby could teach me A LOT! :) So, how many days a week does he work? Is it 12 hour shifts?

I hear some ER PAs work 12 hour shifts only 3 days a week, and make pretty good money. That would be cool. I wonder if I will like the ED????

I'll let ya know about that next month (May). :)