Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things that annoy me...

I think you all gathered by now that I am not usually a grouch, but I do occasionally get my crotchetiness on. The past few days I have been battling sinus issues & have been feeling grouchy. Yesterday I started a THINGS THAT ANNOY ME list... (some of what you can see I noticed on my walk with my dog...)

1. People that leave piles of newspapers in their yard/driveway. I know you are home, you lazy butt! I've see you pull into your driveway. Pick up your newspapers & recycle them!

2. People that let their lawns get out of control. Why do we pay so much each year in HOA fees if you aren't going to keep your lawn looking presentable?

3. People that take nice cars, such as the Lexus SUV I saw in my neighborhood today, and turn them into UGLY, GAWDY cars??? Bright sparkly LIME green is definitely not a factory color for a Lexus, nor are those ugly HUGE chrome three-spoked rims factory. Why did you ruin such a nice, expensive car??? What's wrong with you? (notice how the rims are named "killa"...I bet Lexus would LOVE that...whatevs...)

4. Construction workers blaring their tejano music and staring at me as I walk or jog by in my own subdivision. Have you never seen a female before? Get back to work!!!! Will these new home builds ever be finished?

5. The fact that I can't recycle glass & can't locate a recycling center that does. The excuse is because it is too dangerous. Are you kidding me?

6. People that speed down my street. Are you TRYING to run me over and kill me & all the little kids?

7. My local Quiznos (I love Quiznos) opened and we were all excited, and then within 6 months or so, it closed down. :( Now we are just stuck with the local corner sandwich shop that is trying to be trendy, but they hire annoying men that stick their dirty hands sans gloves in your food and tell you that the ice cream is so good, it's like crack. I've never tried crack (nor do I want to!!!) and I am not convinced that he HASN'T. Get your fingers out of my food foo!

8. People that talk with a British accent and aren't British and aren't joking around. How does one go from a deep Southern accent to a British accent....and without having ever lived in England?

9. When I decide I am going to spend the ENTIRE day outside with nature and taking pictures of nature, when the heavens decide to open up and unleash nastiness. (Hail & tornado warnings here today!!!) Sheesh!

What annoys you? And why do I find these lists so fun?

I know, I have too much time on my hands, but as you know by now....that will ALL CHANGE next week....you'll be lucky to get posts from me after next week.

8 comments:

Ian said...

Ooh, people driving down my street too fast drives me absolutely crazy. Someone actually honked at me, flashed their lights and overtook me on Cliffwood one day when I was doing 20 and turned down my street at high speed. I very nearly gave chase, but the red mist lifted before I got myself into trouble.

Move out of the boonies! The Westpark recycling center takes everything. There's one in clear lake that takes glass too...that's near you isn't it...

http://www.houstontx.gov/solidwaste/clearlake.html

or, if I can get the Link to work for easy clickification.

Jen said...

Fort Worth also takes glass for recycling. Just a thought. . .

I hate fast drivers in neighborhoods too. Just on my way home from the gym today I thought about that and consciously looked at my speedometer - I was at 30 (speed limit was 25 - yes, I'm not a hypocrite, I slowed down). There are dogs, cats and kids out there, people!

g-man said...

Oh, my list is long, but the top of it is stupidity. Not so much the lack of knowledge, but the inability to let that fact prevent them from doing something. (Like painting a Lexus line green, and putting Killa on the side of your car and then complain that the cops are profiling you.)

Get to work!!!

R.E.H. said...

Oh, no! You have to keep us posted (!) on how things are going at the new job... if you don't - that'll make MY list of things that annoy me ;)

I agree with most things on your list... although I don't have any construction workers gawking at me (it would be quite scary if I did).

Allison Horner said...

Ian: Hey, THANKS for the glass recycling info! I know, we so need to move out of the boonies. I can't wait.

Jen: Maybe we need to move to Ft Worth so I can recycle everything. ;)

G-man: Ignorance & stupidity annoys me, too. Seriously! The turning the nice cars into ugly-mobiles that attract too much attention so annoys me.

REH: I am sure I will still blog, but it may not be as frequent. My knew job will involve a long commute, a lot learning, and maybe long hours at times...I am going to be pooped a lot! But I promise to blog when I can. What, you don't have contruction workers oogling you? :)

Tink said...

#7. That happened with a Smoothie King down the street. I literally started crying when I saw the empty store.

Things that tick me off: slow drivers and drivers who tailgate.

tt said...

**chuckle-chuckle**
You're such a cutie...You made me laugh today too. I love it when blogs make me laugh.
Lazy,obnoxious,sick-twisted-freaks,wacked weather.....and the big one....fav restaurants that go belly-up....those are annoying for sure!!
and poor Brittany....ya know, I can't help but feel sorry for the girl... am I the only one?
Keep those lists coming...:)

Allison Horner said...

Tink: Bad & rude drivers annoy me, too. WOW, your Smoothie King closed? I think I'd cry, too. I love smoothies!!!

TT: Pups & I actually do feel sorry for her. We have had several conversations about that. But man, her fake accent annoys me. BUT it could be a part of whatever psychosis she is experiencing. Poor girl. She needs help in a big way.