Friday, January 18, 2008

TGIF...kinda

Yes, thank God it's Friday. Which, being that I am not currently working...yet...is kinda meaningless for me. Everyday right now is a day off (accept the Hubby working during the week.) But let me tell you, I am not one of those people that likes having all of this time off. I definitely have days where I hate it. I am a much happier person when I feel like I have a purpose each day. Working actually helps keep me happy. I know, I am crazy. AND everyone is telling me to appreciate this time off between school & work. But going from 100 mph in school to nothing has been tough. I like staying busy with a greater purpose. I thought about getting a part time job, but what would I do? And then if I do find something, I might have to quit in a few weeks if I can start working at my PA job that soon. And yes, I should be volunteering, but that usually only eats up a few hours out of a week. Man, I hate that my only responsibilities right now are related to housework & zoo-keeping (meaning my pets). Thank God I didn't live in the 50s because the whole housewife who stays home and takes care of the house, kids, and husband is SO NOT ME!!!! Don't get me wrong, I do like doing nice things for Hubby & he did so much for me when I was soooo busy with school. BUT I HATE that this is pretty much all I am doing right now. (It's a good thing we aren't having kids, because I think that would send me to the looney bin.) Although, it is forcing me to tackle some much needed projects around here that I have been neglecting like organizing files, the "office," and the guest bedroom is next. (I have to get it ready for Mrs. Diva!!!) Also, this time off is helping me get back into a workout routine (if I could only stick to it!!!).

Again, please don't take this the wrong way. I am not dogging on "domestic engineers." I have MUCHO MUCHO respect for those people. I am just saying that I am not programed for such a life. I am that woman who wants to work full time and wants to love her job. I am that independent woman who just wants to come home to a quiet house (quiet when my pets aren't being crazy) with only my husband and occasionally have some friends and family over. Anything else is too much for me.

Man, I am complaining about taking care of 1600 sq. ft. townhome. What am I going to be like when we move into a bigger house? Will I have to hire a maid or what? Well, at least I'll be working then & maybe too distracted to think about it too much.

Anywho.....enough complaining

Hubby found this last night. I laughed the whole time. He did not....
Hopefully I don't fit this stereotype too much.... but it is pretty funny and somewhat accurate... check it! ;)




Gratuitous pet pics are to come later, per request.

Have a great Friday & weekend!

Ciao!

5 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Happy Friday! I think we ALL need a maid!

R.E.H. said...

I'm one of those people who could definitly enjoy living without having a job. Heck! I don't know how to make the days last long enough as it is to get everything done that I want to do.

Though, cleaning the house is not something I find enjoyable, so I'm signing up for the maid too. (She better be sexy, too)

That was a fun little movie. So true about women, eh?

Jen said...

You were never made to sit home. I'm right there with you. . . . will talk later. ***smile***

tt said...

Of course you're going to need a maid. Alli the P.A., deffinitely deserves a maid!!!
Loved the video! Too funny.
And remember...don't sweat the small stuff...

Allison Horner said...

Thanks, all! Yes, we all need maids. I doubt I'll ever get one though. I just don't trust humans that much. ;)

That video is hil-ar-ee-ous!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!