Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's official!

I got the call this morning & my official start date at work is Monday, Feb 4th!

The first day will be orientation with HR all day & then Tuesday I report to my department in surgical oncology.

I'm excited and nervous all at once.

:)


I really do feel lucky to have this opportunity to work there. I remember being a little girl hearing about the cancer hospital where my friend's parents worked & at such a young age, my interest was peaked . Then as life went on, I learned about family members, friends' families, and friends who struggled with and some who passed on due to cancer (I had my own little scare, too). This encouraged me to get involved in volunteer and fundraising activities for cancer research over the years. Then as I was exploring my career possibilities in medicine, I had the privilege of shadowing a PA at the cancer hospital. All of those experiences and my time spent in PA school classes & clinical rotations has lead to and prepared me for my upcoming new career. I feel blessed that my dream of working at such a special hospital that helps so many people from around the world is coming true.

6 comments:

Jen said...

You are blessed! Awesome for you - you'll knock 'em dead.

Errr. I probably shouldn't say that. . . so, in that case, "break a leg". Okay, you've done that already too. How about just plain old "good luck"!

Sending hugs your way

g-man said...

It is good to feel that way, I'm sure you will excel in your new position. :) I'm really glad that you are doing something that you like.

R.E.H. said...

I'm so happy for you, getting a job that you will really enjoy. I'm sure you will go on and have a great career.

Congrats!

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Yeah, I need to not be knocking anyone dead or breaking anything else. :) Thanks for the kind words and hugs. I always loves those!

G-man: I am excited about following my passion. Thanks for the kind words, too!

REH: Thanks, buddy!

ETK said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to read/hear all about it! :)

tt said...

YAY for you!!!
Yes, we'll be waiting for all the stories you'll have. You will be a blessing to all you come in contact with. Atta girl!!!!xo