Tuesday, July 31, 2007

When did I become so crotchety????

Wow, I was so grouchy the other day. Do you ever have those days where EVERYONE and EVERYTHING is just annoying the CRAB out of you? That was me on Sunday. I don't know if it was because I was tired or PMSing or just still recovering from an emotionally tough week or all of the above. But I was a total crab!

We were shopping for new bedding & I was annoyed that we couldn't agree on anything & how hard it is to find a cat-proof comforter that doesn't cost a million dollars and that we both liked. (We did eventually find one.)

THEN! We decided to have lunch at Lupe Tortillas. The layout of this restaurant is such that it is broken up into rooms. We just happen to be the ONLY table without children in our little room. There were LOUD, ABNOXIOUS, RUDE, OUT-OF-CONTROL little monsters in that room & they were driving me crazy! Yelling, running around, crying, being bad. When did parents start letting their kids act like demons??? No scoldings, No spankings...just let them do whatever they want. BRATS! I tell ya...this is part of the wussification of our nation.

THEN to top it off, our waitress was also incredibly annoying. She managed to use as many terms-of-endearment in one visit as possible. Ugh! "Hi sweeties! What can I get you to drink, babies. OK handsome. OK Pretty. I'll be back with your drink in a minute, sweethearts. What would you like for lunch, baby?" She did that at every table. Wow....that was grating on my nerves big time.

When I have days like that, I just need to stay at home. Period.

I asked the hubby, "Am I becoming a crotchety person or what?" He replied with a smirk, "Yes!" My retort (in my crabby voice), "Well, I learned it by watching you, all right!" *return smirk*

Yes...... I can be a crab.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am the bestest of the best when it comes to Little-Miss-Cranky-Pants! I can give you some pointers, if you want! Seriously, we all need a good PMS'ing now and again - it keeps the husbands's in line.

Oh wait. . . I forgot, I am a delicate flower of a princess and I do no wrong. Disregard my last paragraph as I am perfect and never ever angry.

So there.

ETK said...

Oh, you definintely got your crabbiness from a certain Mr. Pups I'm sure. :)

I agree with jen - we all need those days. At least you were having a DAY and not a WEEK. :) Think about it that way.