Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My Singapore Days as an Assistant Zoo Keeper

I need to find a way to get my Singapore pictures into a digital format. I lived there in the late 90's and before digital pictures were popular. I should try scanning them, I guess. Here are a few I found. Unfortunately, they didn't come out so well.

Some of these were taken on my first day!! I worked in the small mammal & reptile exhibits...also known as The Repile Garden.

Me IN the crocodile exhibit!
The ones behind me are in the water &
there is no glass separating us.

Rhinoceros Iguana

Ring-tailed Lemur



Galapagos Giant Tortoise



New-born elephant.
Poor thing had a broken leg from its momma stepping on it.
It was a cutie & very sweet!



Practicing my blow-gun skills. ;)
Taught to me by the zoo vets,
whom I also worked with time to time.

Thanks to Ian for inspiring me to post a little about my S'pore experiences.
His posts of his visit there brought back the good memories!

5 comments:

Jen said...

That would have been the experience of a lifetime!

So very cool!

Ian said...

So, just how deadly are you with that blow-gun?

tt said...

You haven't changed much. Does Hubby know about your blow-dart skills? :)

Allison Horner said...

Very! I killed that bullseye dead!!

LOL!

(I never used it on an animal.)

The vets used it mainly to give medicine and/or anesthetise an animal they needed to examine.\

The hubby knows and he is afraid....very afraid!!! ;p

Sunshine said...

How awesome is that!! I had no idea. :)