Friday, July 6, 2007

Dancing! Dancing! DANNNN-CINGGGGG!

So, I have made a goal for myself to lose 5-7 lbs by the end of the summer & more importantly get back into good shape. My problem has been that I have lost my discipline. I used to run and work out ALL THE TIME......and then life & good food got in the way.....and now I am outta shape. Again, it is not really the weight I see on the scale that bugs me, it is the feeling of being out of shape. So, time to crack the whip on myself. Now that I have a lot more free time, there is no excuse. Also, since we have a little workout room in our home, there is really no excuse. I can bike, lift weights, do assisted pull-ups, and leg lifts. Also, I just purchased a dance workout video. I tried it yesterday & had a lot of fun, especially the latin dancing part. And man, did I break a good sweat. I think this may be a new, fun way for me to work out. I always loved to sing & dance, although not good at it at all. What a fun way to get into shape! Now I need to find more dance videos. And once Houston dries out, I plan to slowly get back into running shape. I REALLY want to run another half marathon and even a full marathon some day.

Oh yeah. The video I purchased at Target is a good beginner DVD. I wouldn't say it is the best, but I had fun with it. Now I just need to find one with really cool music & dance moves.

3 comments:

ETK said...

Well - aren't you going to share with us a link to the specific dancing video you purchased so we can ALL be just like you?? :)

Sounds fun!!!

Allison Horner said...

lol!

I added the link. Again, it probably isn't the best one out there, but I had fun with it, got the heart rate up, and broke a good sweat. :)

Jen said...

Man. . . I just left Target.

Seriously, I know how you feel. 'Member how you's and me's used to run together? Unfortunately for moi, my weight gain was more than 5-7 lbs. My weight was due to my Relationship (just like Sandra Bullock). If she can lose hers, I can lose mine, right?

I've been working out forever (seriously, I have a personal trainer and all) it's just taking forever to lose the gain. It gets so depressing.

I was going to run the 1/2 marathon in Virginia Beach this year, but I may not have time to train properly. Some girlfriends of mine asked me to join them, but I'm older now and it's not about being able to do it as it is in training your feets for the impact they have to endure for the distance. I'm working with my trainer to see if I can. . . .