Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, nobody!

UGG! I've been wounded on the battle field, and it is keeping me from fighting.

So, I got some narly blisters from running the other day AND got MORE from the cute shoes that are not meant to be worn walking across campus yesterday. Now my feet are in pain with just about any shoe but flip flops right now. I tried going on a nice brisk walk with the hubby yesterday with my new Nike Shox and was in so much pain, I could barely walk. AND to top it off, I ended up getting blood on my new shoes. GRRRR!!!!!

So now what? I can't just sit around until my blisters heal.

Maybe I can dance in my bare feet. ;)

Stupid blisters!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a surgery boot you can borrow.and crutches. and a cane.

Jen said...

Ah yes. The old bloody blisters! That's not fabulous in new fabulous shoes.

As I grow old and decrepit, I find that when I buy shoes they have to fit perfectly. Absolutely perfectly or I don't get 'em. And(!) I find myself buying a larger size *gasp* just to avoid such nasties. No longer am I trying to fit into a size I once was - this goes for shoes & clothes!

I feel your pain.

Allison Horner said...

I think it must have been the heat & moisture. B/c the weird thing was I was wearing my old size 8 (i am a 7 in normal shoes) totally comfy Asics runners when I got the Achilles blisters. sheesh! But then I wore my Shox yesterday, the bandaids rubbed off, and they rubbed raw! UGG & sheesh, again!

And what I call my cute, black Barbie shoes that I wore yesterday gave me blisters on my toes.

SHEESH!

MOM: After your foot surgery & stitches dilemma...I SHOULD NOT be complaining, eh?

Anonymous said...

I can certainly understand your irritation. No play on words intended.
Here you are free at last to start your new exercise program but NOOOOOOOOOOO.
I'm happy you don't have to suffer "sofa rage." Which is like road rage only slower....ha.

tt said...

I love your Mom!!!
Sorry 'bout the tootsie's. Perhaps mole skin would help?

Allison Horner said...

You so funny, momma! Sofa rage! LOL

TT, yeah, my momma is pretty cool.

;)