Thursday, April 26, 2007

Random thoughts

Have you heard of the dog trainer, Tamar Geller? I saw her on Oprah yesterday & I think I want to buy her book. She uses loving techniques, while still being dominant to train her dogs. It sounds interesting. And we all know how much I love my Merl-dawg.


Another random thought for the day...

So, as you probably know, I am soon to be 30 and I feel like I should do something different. I am lucky in that I have 2 little vacations coming up, one at Pensacola, FL with hubby, ETK & Baby in May and another to San Francisco in June to celebrate my BFF and my 30ths togetha. But I have been thinking that maybe I should do something not-so-Alli-like. For the past 10 years I have thought off and on of getting a tattoo and/or a belly ring. Well, I decided against the belly-ring b/c I worry about infection and it getting on my nerves. So, how about the tattoo? I haven't gotten one yet for several reasons. 1) b/c my conservative side has been winning that inner fight and 2) that whole permenant thing gets to me at times. Also, where would I put it???? I can't place it in that typical above the butt spot that most gals do b/c i have a natural tattoo (birthmark) there and don't want it covered....I know, I'm weird. I don't want it somewhere that will eventually stretch and sag. So where? My back? My ankle? Should I do it???? i dunno. I have had the design picked out for YEARS, but just have been indecisive. A few years back on a visit with my BFF in San Fran and walked into a tat parlor and almost got it, but chickened out.

So, what do you think?

My design was in my head before I even knew it also happened to be one of my fav band's symbols. I have always loved suns (but don't collect them b/c don't want to over do it) for many reasons, but mainly b/c my family used to (and still sometimes does) call me "Baby-sun." So, I would get it for that reason...not the whole band groupy thing. It would be similar to this pic, but in black.

10 comments:

Jen said...

I'm not the person you should ask.

All I can offer is this, it's your body, your life and your decision. Granted Scott's opinion falls in "your life" category too. So, I think you should do what you/he want to do.

I do like the sun - it's pretty amazing.

2nd tidbit of advice, just make sure you get the tattoo on a place on your body that you love. And b/c I can't keep this other advice from slipping out - - - -> you may want to think about a place that you can cover easily if needed. Makeup only goes so far.

That's all I'm sayin'.

Good luck with turning 30 - wait till you hit the 7th-anniversary-of-your-29th-birthday. < sigh > . . . .Those "4 F's" sneak up on you pretty quickly.

tt said...

LOVE the tat idea! Of course that's cuz I have one...my present to me on my 50th b-day! I had wanted one since I was in my teens..funny thing,...when my bff and I got them I finally felt grown up.Silly me.
Have you thought about the area between your shoulder blades? Mine is on my inner ankle b/c I wanted to be able to see it . I got it for me so I felt it should be where I could look at it whenever I wanted. I've never regretted it. Not even for a second. Of course now I'd like to have another...but can't decide where to put it.
Good luck!

Allison Horner said...

Thanks for your thoughts & advice, you, 2! Yes, I was thinking either inner ankle or on my upper back somewhere. Hubby has his on his upper back & I think it looks very cool. Yes, the only thing about the ankle is it's in a difficult place to cover if one is where shorts or a skirt. Oh, and by the way...if I get one, my Mom won't be too happy...but I am sure she'd get over it. I remember how upset she was when I got my multiple ear piercings. She is more a o'natural person & things the body is beautiful as is. :)

Ah, you have your 7th anniversary of your 29th coming up in a few days, eh, Jen? Whatcha gonna do? Hubby's 7th anniversary of his 29th is this year, too. :)

Allison Horner said...

sorry for my typos. I am queen of typing too fast & I haven't had all my coffee this morning. My typing makes me laugh sometimes. Proof read, ALLI, PROOF READ! :)

Anonymous said...

nah I wouldnt get over it..

Allison Horner said...

Hiya Mom! I didn't know you read my blog! Welcome!

You'd be sad, huh, if I got one?

Anonymous said...

Like you said- you already have one...on your lower back. Put there 'specially for you as a reminder...you can't improve on that one.

Jen said...

I'm looking to take off my ankle tattoo. I don't love it like I used to. Will keep the other one. It's totally hidden (always) and I do love that one. Let me tell you how much more expensive it is to remove it than to get it. . . Just be sure you want this and be sure it's in a place you love.

I also still love my belly piercing. No one can see that either. It's just my suggestion to get something like that where it can be hidden (easily). I speak from experience as you well know. . .

Done with soap box.

On to 7-anniversary's of the 29th birthday. . . Susan's on here way here from The Woodlands as we type (staying for the weekend). Party with a bunch of friends tomorrow PM at Central Market (something about Burger's & Bock with free music). Medival Times on Sunday evening. Pretty much whatever we want to do. Nothing set in stone - just having fun.

Yours is not too far off either, Miss-I-am-30! :)

Say hello to your mom and dad for me! Hope they are well!

Sunshine said...

I say get one!! This is coming from the girl who has been wanting one for years and too has chickened out. I like the idea of getting it between your shoulder blades. Remember - you get the tattoo for you - not for anyone else :)

Allison Horner said...

Hey Jen, have a great birthday weekend!!! Have lots of fun. Tell Susan hello for me. I'll tell my parents that you send your greatings.

Thanks to all of you for your advice!