Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Greetings from Victoria

Well, I finally made it to an internet cafe here in lil' Victoria, TX. I have known about it, but have been too pooped after my long days to drag my butt here. Today I got off a little earlier (but still worked 9 hours) than I usually do, and so decided to make the short trip here to get some work (and blogging) done. My roomie does have interent but it is cable & I feel bad using her computer. So, thank God for internet cafes & wireless!

Surgery is still going well. I have finally met & worked with all 7 surgeons that are in the practice I am working with this month. Each one is very different, each with their pluses and minuses of course. Overall, I feel it is going well. Everyday I am getting more and more comfortable with it. I am still hoping that one of them will take the time to teach me to suture. Only 2 more weeks left! That's not much time. Man, these rotations fly by so quickly...especially with some 12+ hr days. I can tell I have been spending long days in the OR. I feel like (and probably look like) someone ran me over with a truck. My body hates me right now. Plus, I am so paranoid that I am going to miss my super early alarm (4:45am this morning), that I not sleeping that great and keep walking up in the night. I am sure part of that is also due to sleeping on an air matress instead of on my comfy bed next to my hubby at home (also with the bad kitty at the foot of the bed, and the snoring hound next to us on her bed on the floor). :)

I am having fun here and really liking surgery, but I miss home when I am away. I am already looking forward to the weekend, although short, with the hubby. I am also glad that my next 2 rotations will allow me to live at home.

Well, I better get some work done!

Just a quick shot out to the new comers on the block:

Paint and spackle

Running through sunshine

WELCOME! We're happy to have you join us! Blog! Blog away! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I've been to Victoria - for a 3-day weekend. All I know is that there is a golf course there. Not much else. . .

It's a good thing you can go back to home on the weekends. In my humble opinion. . . .

It seems as if things are good for you there!

tt said...

Thanks!!!!
I'm sure pups will be equally happy to have you home!!
12+ hours of surgery a day? Egads!! Just the thought makes me tired.
Keep focused on the light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Sunshine said...

Thanks Alli :)

You're a strong woman - you will be a great PA!!

Allison Horner said...

yeah, not mcuh in Victoria. It's been nice to be able to come home on weekends. :)

Have I mentioned that I am loving surgery??? :)