Friday, May 25, 2007

Orange Hands

Yesterday, I spent the morning on campus watching end-of-month presentations and then presented my case study on Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension. Then went to a friends house with some other classmates for a small get together to celebrate almost being done with clinicals (& more Alli's getting old celebration). Great time! Good food! Fun stories!


THEN, I went and got my hair done. I changed my haircolor AGAIN. I said I wanted it to be chocolatey....but it is much darker than I wanted. Why does it never come out how you imagine??? Anywho, I am sure it will lighten up soon, especially since I have old hilights underneath. (I don't have any pictures yet.)

THEN, I decided that since I am heading to Florida today and I am pale as a ghost, that maybe I should do the fake Mystic Tan. This is that thing at the tanning salon where you get sprayed with tanning solution. I did it one time before some years ago, and it worked prettyy good. Well, it still worked ok, BUT apparently I didn't wipe off my hands very well (and I fell asleep before I took a shower). My hands are orange, especially the left one. :( And it makes my cuticles look dirty. GRRR! How embarrassing!!!! GRRR!!! I wonder if there is anything I can scrub them with that will help.

2 comments:

ETK said...

do you have a nail brush? you could scrub them with that. Or just wash wash wash - it'll come off eventually. Or don't worry about it! :) Can't wait to see you today!

Jen said...

I heard lemon juice works well. You can also try white vinegar. Both are natural cleansers and shouldn't harm your hands or nails. Use the nail brush, as ETK suggested. Good luck!

Have a great vacation!