Monday, May 21, 2007

Bye-Bye Twenties. Hello Thirties!

I am now officially 30! And so I am told by EVERYONE, I am now old. LOL! But I don't feel it. Well, every now and then I definitely can tell that I am not 21 anymore. The few grey hairs, the start of wrinkles, decrease in metabolism, and the start of those tiny crazy veins on my legs are a hint.....but other than that I still feel young. :) It also helps that most people tell me I don't look thirty and would guess I am still in my early twenties. I do like to hear that. ;)

My actual birthday was Friday. I had to work 12 hours in the ER, but came home to a delcious home-cooked meal by the hubby, a yummy, beautiful chocolate cake, and awesome gifts. He definitely did too much. But I am not complaining and love & appreciate everything he did. I also got a lovely rendition of Happy Birthday on my voice mail from ETK & Baby. That put a huge smile on my face.



Saturday was my last day in the ER. I really enjoyed my time in the ED and got to see a lot of interesting things/people. I finally got to practice my suturing on a laceration (on my birthday of all days), which was one of my goals. However, I doubt I will go into emergency medicine as I said before. I really just don't want to work nights or weekends if I can help it. The NEVER working weekends may be tough, but I really don't like working nights! Anywho, I have the rest of this week to do my ER paper & presentation which is due Thursday & I haven't even started it yet! EEK! Better get to it. The next week I start my LAST clinical rotation at MD Anderson Cancer Center. I am very much looking forward to that one.

So, Sunday I had a SMALL lunch get-together at Mi Luna in The Woodlands and then some bowling at Main Event also in The Woodlands area. Since my invite was really late, most peeps already had plans, but I had a few people help celebrate. We had some great Spanish tapas food & lots of fun bowling.




So far being 30 ain't bad. Plus, I think it makes my 30-something hubby feel like I am catching up to him. ;)

5 comments:

ETK said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! I love to see instant pictures, but what I really wanna see are those bday presents I heard so much about!!! :)

Also, don't worry (and please be sure to repeat to your hubby), you'll NEVER EVER be as OLD (and decrepit) as he is. NEVER. EVER. OLD. :)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! I thought of you on Friday the 18th and sent you a ESP birthday wish. If I hadn't been in South Beach Miami, this would have reached you on time.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Al - leeeeeeeee
Happy birthday to you!

. . . and many more!

Allison Horner said...

Thanks, ETK & J-LU!

Allison Horner said...

OH, ETK: I'll show of my phresents on Friday. ;)

tt said...

Love the pics!!
Glad you had a good time.
May you have many,many more!