Friday, January 5, 2007

TGIF

Well, it's my last Friday off for a while. I am just spending the day cleaning, watching a little boob-tube (I love the Ellen show...but no, no SOAP operas....can't stand them), and probably going to go out and run some errands soon. I guess I am kind of playing house-wifie this last week of vacation. ;) Yesterday I spent the morning having brunch and saw a movie with some of the other "Married-ladies" from school. We saw Holiday. It was not a deep, thought inspiring movie, but it was cute. Then I went SHOPPING! We had some Christmas money that we just HAD to spend. ;) Then the hubby & I used a gift card we received and had dinner at the local Chili's.....we are close to becoming regulars there. :O) It was a good day.

So, just 2 more days and it is back to the grind. A part of me excited to get back in the swing and seeing patients again in a new clinic, but another part of me is a little sad that my vacation is almost over. Which is quite silly. I mean, I had an entire MONTH off. Why is it never enough? :) I guess that fact that we had such a great time in all of our travels, it just made the month fly soooo fast. BUT before I know it, I will be graduating.....then I will be shakin' in my boots on the thought of becoming responsible for people's health!

Well, I have good news and the not so good news about my upcoming rotation. The good news is it now looks like I won't have to move to Beaumont/Port Arthur for the month. There was an issue with the clinic I was supposed to work at. The not so good news is that I don't know yet where I will be working on Monday. EEK! My clinical coordinator is working on it for me today. So, it is most likely that I will now be in the Houston area for the month and can live at home. The hubby & pets (and me) will be happy about that. If nothing gets ironed out today on where I will work for the month, then Monday will be a "Library/Study day" for me as it is figured out. Stayed tuned for the next episode of "The day in the life of this PA student." :O)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read your blogs dating back to January 2, but I'm wiped out in bed. To sum this up quickly:

-Sounds like you had fabulous times over Christmas and with all your travels!

-It's cool that the medical profession has developed vaccinations against HPV!

-Beautiful poem! Loved it!

-Enjoy your last days off. . . it DOES go by quickly doesn't it? Sometimes, I wish it could go faster. . . Other times, I wish it could slow down. Now is one of those times I wish would speed up or erase the past . . .

Anyhow, I'm here. On my near death bed, but I'm here. Antibiotics surely will be kicking in soon. . . ? !