Thursday, January 4, 2007

Maluna Ke Anuenue (Over The Rainbow)

written by Andrea von Botefuhr

I am forever humbled and uplifted
By the blessings I have received in my life
I am most grateful for my family and friends
Who have graced my life with such abundant Love
Together may we all learn not to clutter our minds and hearts
With pilikia (pettiness)
Instead, may we strive to achieve and reflect
Our own greatness within
That is the truth of us
Our spiritual fabric is woven
From the aka (invisible connection) and fiber of God
No one has ever walked this plane
Who is any greater any less then each of us
In divine potential
May we realize our potential together
May we pay our deepest respect and gratitude
To those who have come and gone before us
And made our life journey so rich
May we all find the most direct path
To the joyousness within our hearts
For joy is the foundation of healing and enlightenment
May we laugh our most joyous laughter
And cry our most heartfelt tears
As we rejoice in our ability to feel
From the heights to the depths
May the golden sunlight of our laughter
As it meets the nurturing rain of our tears
Fill our hearts with a glorious rainbow
That shines through our eyes
And uplifts the spirits of all whom we meet
May we then together, with winged hearts
Soar over the rainbow!

A friend of my Aunt wrote this beautiful prayer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This prayer was written by Andrea von Botefuhr. She has a couple of children's books scheduled to be published this year. Thanks for putting it up on your blog, Alli. ~Auntie Timmie

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful. The author is very insightful. I admire people who are able to express what many of us wish we could but don't have such a strong enough command of the English language to accomplish.
Thank you for sharing!

Allison Horner said...

I absolutely love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Aloha Alli,

I ran across this familiar poetic prayer on your blog, and, for what it's worth, Andrea ~is~ a great writer, yet this piece was actually written by my dad, Carl Botefuhr, (not my sister, Andrea).

I believe he wrote this for thanksgiving one year...this has become a tradition for us as it is the day we usually re-read it aloud. Dad was truly gifted in many ways.

Andrea's first children's book just won a Silver Moonbeam award! It's called "The Land of Smaerd" and is awesome. The illustrations are incredible, too. Check it out at www.thelandofsmaerd.com

Be well,

Dr Carl
Seattle, WA

Allison Horner said...

Dr. Carl,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Your father wrote a beautiful poem! Hawaii holds a special place in my heart since that is where my husband & I were married.

Thanks for the correction! I always want credit to go to where it is due. :)

I checked out Andrea's website for her children's book & it looks delightful and very creative!

Aloha!

Alli