Saturday, January 13, 2007

Makeover day for Alli!

I have neglected my girliness long enough & I can't stand it anymore. It has been 5-6 months since my last hair cut and over a YEAR since I had any color. It is time. The greys are coming in & the color needs some pizazz! I need pampering! So, I am off today for color, hilights, and layering!!! Let's hope I come out of it ok. Hopefully no hair disasters. I'll letcha know how it goes. ;)

Well, the first week at my new family medicine clinic went very well. The physician is very knowledgable and his staff is great. The doc is also very good at giving me feed back & encouraging me to jump right in. He "pimps" me occasionally, but not too much.... Oh, wait...."what is pimping?" you may ask. Well in the world of medicine this is when students are hammered with many questions. We get "PIMPED!" Some are worse than others. For example, a symptom(s) is given and the physician turns to you and asks, "Ok, give me a list of your top "differentials." You quickly have to think of what the top possible reasons are for these symptoms, and why you came up with those.... Sometimes it is frightening. Sometimes you get so freaked out, your brain freezes, and you end up saying..."DUH...I dunno?!?!" You may feel like a dumb little peon for that moment, but then there are those wonderful miraculous moments you just spit out the answers. You end up learning a lot this way. Anywho, I think I am going to enjoy this rotation. I see all ages, infants to geriatric patients, and we see a lot in one day. I am taking the beltway now, and so it has cut about 3o minuts from my drive. Much better! Now, it is only about an hour drive (unless there is an accident, of course).

Well, I better go get ready for my hair experiment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all need pampering now and then. Good for you!!! Pamper on!!
Grey???? Is the school doing that to you or Pups? ;-) lol

Anonymous said...

. . . which reminds me, time for me to get in for a hair-makeover too.

How'd it go? We want pictures! We watch pictures!

:)

Anonymous said...

uhhhhhh . . . that's SUPPOSED to say. . . . . we want pictures, we want pictures!

Not sure what was up with the "watch" - it sounds a little creepy.

Sorry!

Allison Horner said...

The makeover day turned out well! I'll try to get some pictures ASAP. ;)