Thursday, September 20, 2007

That's Just Nasty!

DUDE! PEOPLE! PLLLLLEASE wash your hands. That's just gross if you don't. Seriously! Come on! EEEW!

Only 88 percent of women, 66 percent of men practice restroom hand washing, study finds. According to a study conducted by Harris Interactive for the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) and The Soap and Detergent Association, "[m]ore U.S. adults say they wash their hands after using a restroom than they actually do," UPI (9/18) reported. After observing "6,073 adults in public restrooms at six different locations in Atlanta, Chicago, New York City and San Francisco, researchers discovered that "88 percent of the women compared to 66 percent of the men were observed washing their hands in a public restroom." Dr. Judy Daly, spokeswoman for the ASM, said, "The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the single most important thing we can all do to keep from getting infectious diseases and spreading them to others is to clean our hands."

6 comments:

Jen said...

This is why I hate the doors that pull inward towards the restroom as you're trying to leave! It is also the reason I don't throw out my paper towel(s) until I'm out the bathroom door!

And. . . then I like to point out to the husband (& anyone else who will listen) WHO did not wash their hands when they left a PUBLIC bathroom.

It's also why I carry a weel leetol bottle o' Purell in my purse.

OMG! I think, seeing all this in writing, I've determined I've got OCD!

Allison Horner said...

No, definitely not OCD....or I am too....cuz I do the same things...

tt said...

Ditto to everything!

Ian said...

Yeah, I would say the number for men may even be high...especially in a bar on a Friday or Saturday night, hardly anyone does that I can see.

ETK said...

ewwwewwwewww!

Greg and Bobbie said...

I always wash MY hands :)