Friday, September 14, 2007

Best. Salad. Ever.

OK! OK! FINE! YOU can have my recipe for THE BEST SALAD EVER.
If you make this, whoever you serve it to will love you fo'eva!
I swears!!

Mixed greens with pecans, goat cheese, and dried cranberries

Ingredients:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3/4 cup olive oil
2 5-ounce bags mixed baby greens
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (about 7 ounces)
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups glazed or honey-roasted pecans or walnuts (about 8 ounces)
1 5.5-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 1/4 cups
)

Whisk vinegar, mustard, and thyme in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing with salt and pepper.

Mix greens, cranberries, and onion in large bowl. Mix in enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with nuts and cheese.

Makes 10 servings.


Make it this weekend & tell me what ya think.

5 comments:

tt said...

I'm gonna try it! It sounds too fabulous!!
Thanks.....

tt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

test.
I want salad. for breakfast.

Allison Horner said...

It's dee-lish!

Now every time I go to a party or get together where there are people there that have had it, they want me to always make it again. :)

Sunshine said...

I'm going to save this recipe for our first dinner party :) Thx Alli!