Monday, September 10, 2007

Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs!


Sooooo, based on the previous post/picture, you are probably guessing that the hubby & I have decided to bite the bullet & go back to Maui. We agonized over & researched a lot of locations in Mexico, but nothing ever seemed 100% right. There always seemed to be something wrong with the hotels &/or locations there. The beds were too hard or you can't swim in the ocean b/c it is too violent or too cold or the pools close at 6pm or the food not so good or we don't feel comfortable driving there, etc. Oh, and by traveling to Hawaii, we are still in our own country....No passport required (I need to get mine renewed still). Although, don't get me wrong, just staying at a nice resort & only lounging at the beach or pool and eating and drinking sounds like fun. But if you know hubby (aka Pups) & I, we don't do well sitting still. We are doers. We are explorers. We want to swim in the ocean, boogie board, surf, snorkel, (maybe even dive if we get certified), drive around, try other restaurants, shop, go whale watching, etc. Not just lay around the whole time. Although, there will be much beach & good book time, don't you worry! :)

So, what about Hawaii? What about going back to Maui? We were there only a week when we got married & were very busy with wedding stuffs & hanging with our peeps. We had a marvelous time!!! Best wedding ever!!! But there was still so much we wanted to do that we just didn't have time to do. Surf lessons, Road to Hana, return to restaurants we liked and try new ones, explore other parts of Maui we didn't see. Oh, and get MORE beach time in at beautiful Ka'anapali Beach....one of the best in the world!!!! So, why not bite the bullet, get a good budget going (we already have an excel spreadsheet..yes, romantic, I know!), and just do it!! We know it is more expensive, but we also know that we will absolutely love it!!! We are even planning on staying in the same "Most Hawaiian" hotel that we were in when we got married/honeymooned. It's not a 5 star, but it was clean, comfortable, great people, food, drinks, entertainment, and outstanding beach & views! You know, this could be an extension of our honeymoon/graduation celebration/early 3 year anniversary. Maybe we can get the same room????? I get excited just thinking about it! Feel that Aloha spirit!

Also, there have been signs....random little signs....especially over this past week..... Hawaii specials on TV, Maui bumper stickers, Maui T-shirts on strangers, a random Hawaiian song, our Hawaiian wedding song (which still makes me teary) on TV, yesterday I found a KB hotel (our Maui hotel) notepad paper in one of my textbooks I hadn't opened in a long time & today, I dusted off my interview folder and it has a KB hotel pen in it. I am telling you....these are signs.

I think it does call to us....

7 comments:

ETK said...

Those are DEFINITELY signs. I think it's a great decision! I'm so happy and excited for you guys. I just wish we could go!! :) Of course, that, in itself, would ruin it but I'm jealous all the same. Have fun! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

Sounds like it will be another wonderful time in Hawaii-land!

Enjoy!

Allison Horner said...

Come with us next time!!! :)

tt said...

Wonderful decision!
Dad and I want to go back too, some day and stay at the same place. If I close my eyes, I can smell it even! Yay for you two!!

Ian said...

Have fun! Enjoy a fruity cocktail or .

Ian said...

Hmm, I appear to be unable to craft links properly in your comments. It's almost certainly a short circuit between my keyboard and my chair.

Anyway, go to the Maui brewing company, good beer!

Allison Horner said...

I invite all of you to come with us on another trip to Hawaii someday!!! It'd be a blast!!!

Hey Ian, the link works (the period). Thanks for the great idea. I had no idea they had a brewery there. See! Lots more for us to explore! I'll pass it on to the hubby. I bet he'll think it a grand idea. We both enjoy a good beer & fruity drink of course! :)