Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Randomness/ Week in Review

  • According to the hubby, I am strung out on "Dog Whisperer." Yes, it is one of my new favorite TV shows. I can't help that I love dogs & am intrigued by their behaviors. I find Cesar's advice very helpful. "Scht!"

  • The semester started & I was quite busy this week with lectures & other class activities. We took a practice board review & I did OK. At least I scored right around the national average. I hate being average, but man that test was so hard!!!! ACK! Here, take a test on everything about medicine. Yeah, lets see you get 100%! I have A LOT more studying to do..... But it is a good motivator for me to keep it up! Oh well, in medicine, you have to study the rest of your life anyway. :) Bring on the challenge! Bring it!

  • After that grueling exam, I had some of the girls come over for movies, home-made yummy foods, and wine of course. It was much deserved!!! cuz we worked our brains hard! One of the movies we watched was almost too serious for such an occasion, but it was good. Magdalene Sisters is about "three young Irish women struggling to maintain their spirits while they endure dehumanizing abuse as inmates of a Magdalene Sisters Asylum." Sad stories, but intriguing none the less. We then had to watch episodes of "Arrested Development" to get some laughs going. Anywho, good times were had by all.
  • I have a 4 day weekend (no class on Tuesday either) & amazingly absolutely no plans other than getting the house/yard in order & spending time with the hubby. I am sure I'll get some studying in there somewhere since I am needing to increase my nerdiness level again. Hoping to get some good movies in, too. There are a few out there that we want to see. "Superbad," Rob Zombie's version of "Halloween," "Bourne Ultimatum," etc. We finally rented "Hot Fuzz" last night & it was a hoot! Not as good as "Shaun of the Dead," (I agree, Jen), but funny Brit humor none the less. :) Love those guys & can't wait for more movies from them.
  • My final note of randomness: I have my FIRST PA JOB INTERVIEW on Tuesday. Whoa! So, another thing I am doing this weekend is preparing for that. Questions to ask, make sure one of my suits is clean, etc. Exciting & nerve-racking all at once. I'll let you all know how it goes of course......

5 comments:

tt said...

Good luck w/ the interview! I know you'll do fine. :)

Put a bottle of wine to chill before you go........then have Pups take you out to celebrate the 'first' of possibly 'many'. :)
Celebrate the exciting road to your new life you're embarking on.
Get-em girl!!!

Jen said...

Sage advice by TT! That's exactly what the husband did on my end after my 1st interview in - oh . . . I don't know (how many years? ? ? !) It really helped with the anxiety and chill factor!

We bought HOT FUZZ and maybe it's one of those movies you have to watch several times and THEN find it hilarious. Maybe. . .

I've been off work for so long that I didn't realize it was a THREE DAY WEEKEND. I have no plans either. I worked in the yard today and hit the gym, as well as the 1st TCU season football game! But nothing for tomorrow or Monday. Probably finish "HP and the Deathly Hallows" for sure.

Do you guys have X-BOX 360? Get Bioshock, for sure! Ian's right - it's heart-pounding, nerve-wracking, poo your pants stuff! Wish the husband wasn't working . . . would love me some X-Box watching.

Have to get back to the party. Chat at you later!

Jen said...

P.S. Good luck with Tuesday's interview - I'm sure you'll knock 'em dead!

Sunshine said...

Good luck Alli!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuesday.

Allison Horner said...

Good idea, tt! :) Thanks for the well wishes!

Jen: Hubby & I were thinking the same thing with Hot Fuzz; the more ya watch it, the more hilarious it is. Yes, we have the college ball on this weekend, too. Watch the crazy OU game last night & watched UNT get their booties kicked. No, no XBOX in our house. We have a Sony Playstation, but don't use it very much. We play maybe every few months. The only ones I really like to play are the car racing ones & The Simpsons ones are funny. :) Thanks for the well wishes!!

Thanks for the well wishes, sunshine!!! :)

letcha know how it goes....