Monday, April 28, 2008

I made it almost a year, I think....

...without getting sick (minus the food poisoning that almost killed me in Maui).

It has helped not being in Family Medicine clinics. Most of my patients are ill with cancer(s), but are not usually come in contagious. So, I have been able to stay fairly healthy since my clinical rotations ended last year when I was still in PA school.
BUT...BUT.... ug

I am home today ill. I guess all the non-stop work & home schtuffs has caught up to me. I have the plague (as Hubby would say). I am feverish, exhausted, sore throat, watery eyes, exhausted some more....prickly...hot & cold...ug. See! I do have the plague. Ok. Not really. No need for anyone to start chanting, "Bring out your dead!" points to anyone who knows that quote (family isn't allowed to answer this one!)

So, I am not completely work free. I have answered a few work emails. Awww...the joys of having a Cranberry (aka Blackberry). I am tied to my email/pager. THANKFULLY the pager has been silent today. Knock on wood! Also, thankfully my doc is back in town (he was out most of last week.)

Anyway.....

I know some of you are curious about the home showing that occured yesterday. Well, Hubby got a call from OUR realtor this am. She said it went very well & the couple is highly interested. Hopefully I am not jinxing it by blogging about it. I am also trying to not get too excited about it, but it is hard not to. She is going to help them get pre-qualified for it. Not a bad sign, eh? EEEE!!! See, I am having a hard time containing myself. Man, that was just the FIRST showing so far!!! They all said it showed "beautifully" and again the realtor said it is "staged perfectly." EEE!!!!


Ok. Calm Alli. Ya can't get too excited.....


So, we are still considering all of our options in regards to a home we will buy (new vs. used). However, we are leaning towards building one.


We really think this one looks so pretty..... It is a new plan, so no actual pictures available yet.














Ok. Back to resting. soooo tired.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

Awww. . . I understand. I had that zombie plague 2 weeks ago & I gotta tell ya, it wasn't fun. Same symptoms as me. Ibuprofen and Claritin D worked wonders for me, but I knew exactly (EXACTLY) when the Ibu started wearing off! It was a regular for me for a week.

Good luck with that. I feel for you! (& and the house sale - but I'm not saying nuttin' until you say more - no jinxing allowed!)

Ian said...

Classic...

"I'm getting better."
"No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment."
"Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations."

R.E.H. said...

Sweet looking house! I think building your own is a good idea - that way you get it just the way you want it!

Hope you get better soon!

Allison Horner said...

Thanks, all!!!

Love me some Holy Grail. Gaw. I practically know all the lines. I am such a loser. ;)

Thanks for the compliments on the home. We're kinda excited about the possibilities.

tt said...

So sorry your illin sugah...that's not nice...tell them germs to play nice!
Love the outside of the proposed house. Very pretty. Looks just like you 2!!
Antibacterial hugs to you and Pups!:)