Friday, May 2, 2008

So Out of IT

Dude, I am so not with IT this days. By IT, I mean fashion. It's funny how one's priorities change depending on what is going on in life. All I think about these days is hubby, work, and homes stuffs. There doesn't seem like much room for much else. I TRY to squeeze my family & friends in as much as I can.

Anywho, so I was chatting with one of the new PAs that was hired a month or so after me today. We were talking about undergrad, etc, and fashion & shopping came up. Shopping for clothes? What is this? WOW. I haven't bought any new clothes in MONTHS! That is a longggg time for me. But even when I do, I stick to very few stores these days and usually things have to be on sale. Dept stores, The Gap, Express, Banana Republic, New York & Co. That's about the extent & then I get bored. Anywho, I haven't been in months, like I said...I find myself wearing scrubs a lot these days except on my clinic days (2 days a week). I have given up on my hair (hating it soooo much right now, but trying to give it a major chemical break). Anywho, back to clothes.....so this chickie was talking about these and that jeans and this and that brand.....I had no idea what she was talking about. Never had heard of them. I am so out of it with fashion these days. I just don't really care. I just want to be comfortable and try to at least look cute. When did I stop caring???? I guess being so busy has gotten in the way.

But I still hate my hair.

I think I need a makeover something fierce. So feel free to nominate me!!!

(oh, but I still have my Coach addiction....that will prob never die....bring on the Coach!!!!)

4 comments:

Jen said...

who in their right mind would ever give up their Coach addiction?

I almost fell off my chair, girl - looking to give me a myocardial infarction? good golly.

Don't do that.

I think it's a natural thing to fall off fashion when one wears scrubs even just a few times a week. I have to wear them 3x's per week now - you should see me today. . . .

'nough said.

tt said...

Life babe...it's regular life that gets in the way. Not to mention as we get older..our priorities change and what used to be important just isn't anymore. Just look at what your jobs hands you everyday. That..my dear one, is life smacking you in the keester everyday. You deal with people who's very lives aren't connected with everyday things. People who are dealing with Cancer are usually focused on reality. Not fashion.
You just grew up sweets.

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Yes, I can't give up the Coach. Just can't. Do you think they make Coach scrubs? ;)

TT: I totally agree with you. Dealing with people on daily basis who have no idea if they will be alive in 1-2-5 years (or months sometimes) definitely puts things into perspective. There are definitely much more important things in life than where one buys the latest jeans.

Ian said...

Hmm, 4 or 5 different shops for your clothes? Men have it easier. I'm wearing an Eddie Bauer shirt, Eddie Bauer pants, Eddie Bauer socks, Eddie Bauer boxers and an Eddie Bauer watch today. My shoes are from Clark's though, which is conveniently across the hall and up a level from Eddie Bauer in the Galleria.