Monday, March 31, 2008

Ouch! My Gastrocs Hate Me!

Man, I am so out of shape, it's sad.

I ran the 5k SCOPE fun run this past weekend (for colorectal cancer research and awareness) & I am STILL sore! That is terribly sad. I used to run these no problem. But no more! I had to stop a few times, and I was walking yesterday and today like I am almost crippled. My calf muscles hate me so much right now. I think I am having calf muscle failure. Hey! It could happen!

You'd think this would be my motivation to get on our new elliptical machine....we got it last week & I still have yet to try it out. Maybe tomorrow my muscles won't hate me anymore & I can finally use it.


Well, we had CRAZY busy, but good weekend. Saturday morning was the run & we spent the rest of the weekend looking at homes. We looked at some new ones on Saturday & new & used ones on Sunday. We found one we ABSOLUTELY love, and we sooo wish we were ready to buy right now. However, we have to sell ours first. So, I think we might put ours on the market very soon.

It's amazing how emotionally exhausting this house hunting situation is. I feel like I need another weekend already. Unfortunately, dealing with major finance considerations, like a new house, REALLY stresses me out. In case ya hadn't figured this out about me, I worry about money WAY too much and freak out about debt. I really need to let some of that go. However, I feel that it has helped me stay conservative over the years and avoid unnecessary debt.

Can I have another weekend? Please?

7 comments:

Freakazojd said...

That's a beautiful house, lady! And I understand about the money thing - I'm not like that (although I'm WAY better than I was 15 years ago, that's for sure!) but my husband DEFINITELY obsesses about money. I think there's probably a healthy balance in the middle, but yay for you for staying out of major debt, that is so important! Just remember, real estate isn't a bad kind of debt like a credit card racked up to the nines. :)

Jen said...

Most importantly. . . .it has a THREE car garage! Fantastic!

By the way, I hearted it. Beautiful home - you 2 always have great taste. Put your condo on the market!

I can't wait to hear of your decision.

P.S. the one and only thing on my body that is in any sort of shape are my gastroc's. Hmpf. Why, why, why can't the rest of me body be the same? And, I want an eliptical machine! ! ! You so lucky!

Tink said...

Did that house have THREE garages? *Whistles* Fancy! So... You'll have a guest room for when I visit right? ;)

Ian said...

Yeah, nice place. Not just outside the beltway though, it's outside highway 6! I thought the plan was to move out of the boonies.

R.E.H. said...

I you actually run from house to houes when home-hunting, you could save some time on the elliptical...

Beautiful house by the way... when are you moving in? ;)

Greg and Bobbie said...

like it! odd that the realtor's name is that of one of my surgery residents... can't imagine there are many with that last name! sure don't want you to move and you need to see the miss! and sleep!

tt said...

I'll give you my weekend k? Dad and I LOVE the house! It looks perfect for you 2!!