Thursday, March 27, 2008

HOWDY!

I know, I know. I haven't been blogging. I'm sorry. Get off my back, mkay?

But man, I am just too bloody exhausted when I get home.

AND our weekends have been jam packed with family, friends, cleaning, errands, and HOME HUNTING!!!

We keep flip-flopping on the home hunting and I think we are NOW leaning towards THIS area. It has a lot of trees, pretty houses, trails, etc & the commute won't be bad. We are going this Sunday to scope out some homes there. YAH!

Saturday, we are going to meet up with some of my co-workers, AKA the Pink Ninjas (we have rose colored scrubs at this hospital), for the 3rd annual SCOPE run & then lunch after. Should be a lot of fun. Either tonight or tomorrow night, I need to work on decorating my PINK handkerchief. We're going to look so awesome! ;) It's going to be a hoot. Poor Hubby. He signed up to do this Walk/Run with us & he doesn't know what he got himself into. HAHAHA. He's gonna think the Pink Ninjas are loony. But hey, with the seriousness we deal with everyday, we gotta have fun & laugh. These girls are great & a lot of fun. :)


Funny for the day:

So, at our hospital, we dictate our medical records over the phone and scribes type them for us. Some of the transcriptional errors are hysterical. Today I was reading one of mine that said, "The patient was instructed that he needs to continue to exercise more intraorally." I busted out with laughter and read it out loud to my officemates and every one laughed. Apparently intraoral exercise is good for one's liver and/or cancer. I am guessing I mumbled something like frequently??? and the scribe heard intraorally??? I dunno, but it was pretty darn funny.

See, we get to laugh here, too. I was laughing so hard with my clinic nurse yesterday, I had tears and nearly pee'd myself. ha!

Laughter is good. ;)


I know, I know....I need to post some pictures.

8 comments:

ETK said...

Yay! You posted! That's hilarious about intraorally. I mean..WTF? doesn't really sound like frequently to me, but what else COULD you have said? I can't wait till you guys move close. I love that area - it sounds lovely! I wish it were in the ATL THO! :)

Yay for the Pink Ninjas!

Jen said...

Go pink ninja's!

Enjoy your run... I'll be there in spirit.

I'm off. My head is a puddle of ooze.

Ian said...

You might want to drive from there to the med center at 8 in the morning before buying. Whenever I go to my doc from our place I avoid 90, 'cos it's really busy.

R.E.H. said...

Pink Ninjas... I love it! ;)

Yeah, I can understand you need a good laugh every now and then working at a place filled with so much hurt.

tt said...

Um, will Pups wear pink to?? that would be a hoot!!!
glad you get some laughter in your work day.. it's good for the soul.
Happy house hunting!

Freakazojd said...

Regularly - intraorally? That's funny! :)
Hope the run goes well. And I'd never bug you for not having time to post...I think I'd be the LAST person who could do such a thing, haha!

Tiffany Mohr said...

My co-worker was commenting in her dictation on visual-perceptual deficits of a patient - it came back as "vaginal perceptual deficits." I've heard of body dysmorphic disorder, but this is crazy!! - not to mention that she is a speech pathologist...wrong end, bucko. In a similar situation, I had dictated goals for my patient to improve sustained and simultaneous concentration; however, it came back as "sustained and simultaneous conception." Really? What's wrong with this girl? Our director asked what kind of speech therapy program we were running, we told him to sign up to see...

Best Seller Colored Scrubs said...

Hello Guys, I sharing you this unrelated info regarding the best seller colored scrubs that one online store has been offering for years. if you are interested you can read more at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/04/best-seller-colored-scrubs.html