Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Irony

is finally accepting someone who we probably couldn't have done anything for but there was so much push from a family member......

and then finding out they passed away the week they were supposed to fly here.

I am just glad they were home when it happened and not here (or worse on the way here). That would have been that much more tough on the family and everyone involved.


You see, there are reasons why some patients aren't able to be accepted. Not everyone is a "surgical candidate." Unfortunately, we cannot save everyone. I wish we could....

But sometimes God has other plans.

That was how my week started yesterday....


Cancer is not any easy disease to be involved in.


But there are a lot of miracles, too. I'll share those with you, too. Promise.

6 comments:

Jen said...

It's a tough one that you've chosen. But who better to help with them and that evil, vile cancer but you? I mean, really Alli. There couldn't be a better soul, heart or all around person there keeping it going, being real, sending love, trust and hope to patients and their family.

I'm glad it's you.

Keep your chin up.

meno said...

If it's ever me, i would want you there.

I know it's hard, but i am glad you made this choice.

R.E.H. said...

That's one of the reasons I don't think I could hold down a job like what you do. I would become too emotionally distraught over things like that.

You are strong, and doing a good job too.

Chris Cactus said...

Wow. Makes my week look, well, easy.

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Thanks! It is always nice to hear that. It definitely takes a lot of compassion, mental strength, patience, etc to work with cancer patients. There is much more than medicine involved.

Meno: Thanks! That was probably one of the sweetest things someone could say. I hope you and no one I know ever needs my service, but I'd be there for you all.

REH: Thanks, to you, too! I like to think of myself as a strong individual, but I am weak at times. Well, I am human. :) It definitely isn't easy....

Rudecactus: It's all relative. Right?

tt said...

Awwww, so sorry your week started out on the hard side. i completely agree with what everyone has said. You have more compassion in your pinky finger than a lot of people have in their whole being! It shows in your eyes,in your touch and in your smile. Just like the saying on your sidebar.." you must be the change you wish to see in the world". You do it every day! Hang in there. the world needs you and so do we! xo