Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Super Fat Tuesday!

Ha! Super Fat Tuesday! LOVE IT!

2nd day went well. No clinic today, but training & helping with clinic prep. Big clinic days for me are Wednesday & small one on Friday. Monday & Thursdays are sugery days for my surgeon & other days are adminitstrative days. More details on all that later.

So, tomorrow is the BIG clinic day, but before that starts, there is a meeting to attend at 7am. That means I need to go to bed now so I can wake up at 4:30 to make it on time. I don't have my hospital credentialing yet (i.e. "patient privledges), so I can't see patients on my own yet. So, tomorrow I will just be observing for the most part. Which is good, b/c I still have a lot to learn.

I am also still settling into my office & need to get my computer & phone all set up. Things move a little slower at such a large institution. There around 17,000 employees. Huge, right?

It's weird coming home & then getting into bed 2 hours later....

I am tired still, but still excited!

Thanks for all of your kind words.

well, I am pooped. Off to bed...

I think my blogging is going to become fewer and far between. I apologize in advance if it does, but will blog when I can....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After awhile when things become automatic, it won't be so exhausting. Everytime something new comes into your life, all your senses react to it. And you have to run a brain check on the "to do" list... Constant "alert mode." Even your drive will become easier. So just expect to be tired and baby yourself until you mentally settle in. We're happy you are finally doing what you want to do. So many people can't.

Jen said...

Your mom is definitely right. It takes your body and mind a bit of adjustment time. I remember, back in August, when I went back to work, I'd get home at 6 PM, workout and hit the bed by 8 PM! After a couple weeks I was able to handle staying up until 11 or midnight.

Until then, I was EXHAUSTED!

****Been thinking of shutting down my blog anyway. . . . .not sure yet. But almost really want to.

Unknown said...

I can understand the few and far between posts, so no hard time giving here. :) I'm glad things are happening for you, even if it's a bit slower than you'd like. Hope you're having a fab clinic day today.

R.E.H. said...

So happy for you. Happier today than most days - and also a little envious ;)

I would really like to have a job where I'd look forward to coming in each day. I will have to search for that now.

Enjoy your day tomorrow!