Monday, February 4, 2008

First Day!

Well, I survived my first day at work. :)

OK, I haven't actually done real work yet. It was about 9 hours of HR shtuffs. Crazy, I know! History of the hospital, hospital mission & beliefs, benefits info, parking info (parking in H-town med center is a nightmare, so this requires much discussion), safety info, and on and on....

Tomorrow I get to finally report to my department for my departmental training to begin. Not sure what all will go on tomorrow. I'll probably get to settle into my office & get my computer shtuffs all set up. I'll see a lot of my co-workers & may see my surgeon if he isn't too busy with surgery (which is likely). Not sure if I am going to have some clinical training tomorrow. We shall see.

I do know that I hate getting up at 5am & long commutes. Today's 12 hour day (2 hours total of commuting) has made me quite tired. I got used to having all of this time off & then automatically going to a 12 hour day, even though it was only HR stuff, was tiring! I am ALREADY looking forward to moving closer to town someday. :)

Anywho, I am looking forward to getting settled into my department (surgical oncology) tomorrow, seeing my old preceptors who will now be my colleagues, & meeting other colleagues.

I'm pooped, but pumped!

7 comments:

Jen said...

. . . .but of course!

Go getchya some sleep time.

meno said...

There's not much more exhausting that the first day of work or the first day of school. Poor baby!

R.E.H. said...

Glad you liked it so far. Yeah, and those first days are always a b*tch (in terms of being tiring).

Getting up at 5AM however? I don't think I could ever get used to that...

Have a great second day at your new job! And third, and fourth, and fifth... you know... and so on.

ETK said...

Yay Alli! Glad to hear you survived and welcome back to the working world (as if you haven't been working your tail off the past two years too, ppp-shaw!)

:) Glad you survived and hope all the rest of your days are great!

Go kick some ass!

Tink said...

I do the whole two-hour-commute a day too. It blows. I feel for ya chickie. But think of this... You are on the start of a really great adventure doing something you LOVE. Not many people have the drive to get where you are right now. You're doing great.

tt said...

hey, you're super girl remember!! You'll get used to it in no time babe. Just knowing all the good you'll be doing should help get you started in the morning right? That and a bog ol' cup o Joe!
go kick some bootie wee one!
Yay Alli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure Pups has something relaxing planned for you right?!

Unknown said...

pooped but pumped, i love it! hope the long days get easier for you. are you already looking for a new place or not yet? or is that a silly question?