Sunday, June 24, 2007

Little Known Facts About Me

Sooo, before I met the hubby, I didn't really think much about cars. I have always appreciated fine cars like Porsches, BMWs, etc, but never obsessed about them. I started a slight interest as a little girl since my dad likes cars. I used to watch races with him & look at his car magazines. I remember his little Porsche 914 he had; it was so much fun. When I was that younger lass, I actually had a poster on my bedroom wall of a Nissan 300ZX. I EVEN began an interest in the Subaru WRX when I lived outside of Philly about 7 years ago. I still like them & even consider getting the Subi WRX sport wagon (roomy & sporty!).

BUT, most of the time I didn't really think much of cars. Then the Hubby came along & likes them so much, he has me looking all the time now, too. I guess it is a fun thing we can appreciate together. I do love my Honda Accord coupe (had looked at them for years), have only had it a little over a year, and do not plan on getting rid of it any time soon, but it is fun too look around. ;)





I do miss having a roomy SUV sometimes and wonder if I will ever get one again. It was nice having all the room to throw the dog in or when we have to head to Lowes, etc. But the gas efficiency is so bad in most of them & most of the hybrids in the brands that I trust are too expensive!!! Probably the best deals that are affordable, dependable, and somewhat fuel efficient right now are the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. If I had to pick one right now, I'd probably pick the CR-V. It'll be interesting to see what comes out in the next 5 or so years as more fuel efficient cars/SUVs/trucks come out.



But do you have to have an SUV to have more room? Perhaps not. What about a roomier, more versatile car? Also, wouldn't it be cute if hubby & I became a MINI family??? Check this concept out:




A longer, more versatile MINI....known in the 60's as the MINI traveller. We may see it resurface. How cute! More info: Traveller concept. Interesting!!! Very cute! We could be yuppies!!! LOL!


Looks like it might be called the MINI Clubman. Here is cool video: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/spyshotvideos/208273/mini_clubman_s.html


Another cool little car I have had my eye on:


Here in the US, it'll be the BMW 135i (like an M series, but they probably won't call it an M..it'll also be available as a 125i)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wassup, Yup?

OMG, girrrrrrl! I never knew you to be a car buff (or did I)! I love, absolutely LOVE cars too! Like you, it started with my dad and continued to grow as I grew. Then, I've met the husband who is like my father in so many ways (sometimes this thought scares me), including the love of cars. You should see when the husband and the dad get together - it's all about F1 and cars, cars, cars! It pretty much rocks the cassbar!

Anyhow, my all-time favorite car that I owned was my Subaru Impreza Sport - I'm sure you'll remember it! One day I made the fateful mistake of trading it for The Beast that rhymes with Kercedes. It was a horrible, horrible vehicle (SUV). That was a regret I wish I never had.

Thank God the husband purchased a Subaru (2006 Impreza WRX STI WR1)! I sorely missed mine. He's suped it up and now it frightens me even more as much as I love it, 'cos it kept up with a Carrera S before it was suped (on a race track) & now . . . . Well, let's just say that one place wouldn't even register it b/c he claimed it wasn't street legal (this is not true). We named her Eleanor (from the movie Gone in 60-seconds)

I love that we have a truck too. As you mentioned for dogs, Lowes, bicycling, traveling and just about anything we do. The gas isn't as bad as one may think, but it is not as good as a hybrid - that is for sure. It's not pretentious in any way & I think that's what I like most about it. We mainly call the truck the "truck", but it's officially been dubbed "Hincappi".

I am starting to love my car (the 2007 550i), but it's taken me a while. I didn't want it when the husband bought it for me. Now, I'm starting to have a greater fondness for "Coco Chanel" as it's known in this household.

It's funny that when given the chance to drive any the vehicles we have, I always choose the truck. Something I never thought I would drive. . .

Anyhow, GREAT post!

Allison Horner said...

Very cool! I am not surprised that your husband got an STI. I remember him loving that car. Very cool. Eleanor, eh? Great name & great movie. We have that movie in our collection, too...of course. ;) Hey what color is the STI? Blue?

550i, eh? NICE, chica!! Very snazzy-snazzy! Coco Chanel is a great name for it. :)

We are always "window-shopping" for cars online and reading his Car & Driver. It's fun. :) Also a little dangerous & addictive, too. :)

P.S. I hear ya on the marrying-a-man-like-the-dad....I did that, too....yes, kinda scary. But we adore & admire our Dad's, and so I guess that's a good thing. :)

Jen said...

Nope. We got the black one and then replaced the big fin with a custom one. We liked the blue STI too, but that was sold to another guy. The only one left was the black. We switched out the gold rimmed tires for silver as well. We thought of de-badging it, but that is just asking for trouble from all sides, including Super Troopers. . .

I love the Coco, it was just a hard gift for me to swallow. Not used to things like that. It's black too. Fun to drive. Comfy. All things you might expect.

The truck is black too. Golly, we have a monotone vehicle lot. Nice and boring. . .