Monday, June 25, 2007

Are You For Real?

Overheard in a Starbucks in The Woodlands over the weekend:

Very stylish, very tan, OVERLY bleached blonde customer to the barista: Uh, I am from San Francisco and I am used to the service being MUCH faster there!

Barista: *With a stunned look* Uh...I am sorry, ma'am. We are making drinks as fast as we can.

Me: *Staring at her with first a shocked, then most likely a dirty look, and wishing I could say: Well, why don't you go BACK to San Francisco and don't let the door hit you on the way out*

Sheesh! People can be so RUDE!


My disclaimer: This is in no way an insult to Californians or bleached blondes (was painting the picture)....I have friends that are both.

7 comments:

Ian said...

You can tell a tremendous amount about people by the way they treat those they don't have to treat well.

One of Swanson's Unwritten Rules:
"A person who is nice to you but rude to the waiter, or to others, is not a nice person."

Allison Horner said...

I agree. I like that quote! I was a waitress in my summers home from college, and although it was rare, I do know what it is like to be treated poorly by a customer. Not fun.

After watching that movie "Waiting," it definitely makes you want to always be nice to waitstaff.

One time when I was treated poorly by a customer, one of my fellow waitresses actually spit in my customer's drink. I was mortified when I found that out! I didn't know until it was too late that she had done that....I definitely don't condone that behavior. (Although I guess it is a little funny.)

Jen said...

Yes. Exactly what Ian said.

ETK said...

hee hee - you are nicer than me. I prolly would have said something to her. Why why why be rude to those people who are generally working as hard and fast as they can!?!?!

I, personally, have an interview tactic - take someone to lunch to see how they treat the waiter. Nice people are nice to waiters. Bottom line. If they are so self-involved as to be rude to a waiter, then I don't want to work with them, for them or have them work for me.

Jen said...

and furthermore. . .

Bottle bleach blonde girlfriend will find, aside from the traffic, most things in Texas are slower.

*********

That door may be hitting her arse sooner rather than later and we here in the great state of stars & yellow roses are just fine with that, I reckon.

Jen said...

Okay. Right. Um. My impression of a cowboy stunk.

Allison Horner said...

LOL! I reckon!