Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Done....almost....

I am officially done with my clinical rotations! I can't believe it's over!!! It's bitter-sweet. I am thankful that the those tests, papers, presentations while working full time is over. BUT, I am sad that I won't be with patients everyday until I graduate and get a job. I just wish that I could continue my clinical training until December. BUT I guess a little break will be nice. I AM still in school until the end of October (but graduation is Dec 14th), but it will be a lot less stressful. The next 2 months, I am ONLY working on my research project with my research partners. That's it. No exams! Although, I will probably start studying for my board exam. It's never too early to get a jump on it. Plus, since we probably won't be working on our research project everyday, I'll need something to keep me busy. :) I don't want anything I have learned over the past 2 years to seep out!!! BUT there will be LESS STRESS.

The hubby hugged me yesterday & pretty much welcomed me back. I have been 60% gone according to him for the past 2 years. Poor hubby. When I get focused, I get focused... But I am back! Hopefully, the hubby won't feel as neglected now. Although, I did tell him, I am still in school....it just won't be as intense.

We are taking a little time off together next week. We will head to San Francisco for a few days to visit my best friend. We're going to be celebrating our 30th bdays together. As I said in a previous post, I am sure we will be spending some time in Sonoma Valley. It's been about a year since I have seen Jess. I am very much looking forward to seeing her & her hubby & spending time in the Bay Area & wine country.


Jess & I have been best friends since 6th grade.
That's like 18 years! WHOA!
We've been separated by distance since 11th grade in high school, & we aren't the best at talking on the phone...but whenever we get together, it's like we've never been apart. Oh an we have NEVER EVER been in an arguement...ever. Crazy, eh? I guess that's why we are BFFs. ;)
Man, look how skinny-mini I was in that pic!
That is one of my goals for this summer & fall...getting back to that size!!!!

2 comments:

tt said...

Congrats!
Enjoy your trip. Lord knows you both deserve it.

Jen said...

Awww! That is really sweet of the hubby ~ I know all too well exactly what he feels like. [Or should say knew exactly what he felt like, 'cos the husband was 95% gone when I first met him when he was in school. It was tough, believe me.] So, I understand. It's worth it though.

The husband is now gone only about 20-30% with all the bicycling and working he does, but he makes the time and that's all I care about. (Vacations are great b/c I get him 100%!)

Congratulations on finishing your rotations! 4 months! 4 months!

Enjoy your time off and have a glass of vino for moi! Enjoy your "100%" . . . Have fun with your BFF too!