Wednesday, December 26, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

We had a very busy, but good Christmas. There was a lot of cooking and baking and family time and eating and gifts and eating some more. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house with my sisters and their families. Christmas Day was spent at Hubby's mom's & step-dad's house with all the siblings and their families. Christmas festivities at my 'rents included helping Mom with cooking, playing with the cutie nephews, the boyz playing Bocci Ball & Bee-bee gun target shooting, listening to iPod Christmas tunes, watching Dad's train go 'round the beautiful Christmas tree, watching the wild deer run through the wooded areas & EATING lots of delicious turkey & stuffing & potatoes & rolls & pistachio salad & cookies & pie. How am I not 500 pounds now? Christmas festivies at Hubby's was a little different this year. The Boys decided they wanted to give their mom a break with the cooking, and so we did a potluck Christmas. Hubby & I made the mashed potatoes & pistachio salad and brought some rolls. There was sooooo much good food once again. Again, how am I not a million pounds? Gift exchange at his house this year was gifts for the kiddos and the adults participated in a White Elephant or also known as Dirty Santa gift exchange. My Dirty Santa gift is a Best Buy gift card (sa-weet!) and Hubby ended up with a surfing video game where you actually get on a plastic board that is plugged into your TV???? That could be funny to watch....if he uses it. ;)

We had a great Christmas, but man, I am pooped.

OK....party's over....back to some SERIOUS board's studying. I only have 9 days left until the monster exam! EEK!



Weekly Words' Challenge (WWC) brough to us by Tink over at Pickled Beef.

This weeks' words are PINK and TRADITION.

PINK

Some of the gifts from Hubby were PINK bath & body/good smellies...




































TT got me this lovely Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon. Very cute!

























TRADITION

Mom & Dad's beautiful tree & train.























Hubby & my lil' Charlie Brown tree.























The words for next week are Brown and Pattern.

If you haven't joined the fun, go here for details.

5 comments:

R.E.H. said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas! I too wonder, though, how come I've only gained 5 pounds during the holidays!!! Guess I'll have to get my butt back to the gym ASAP.

Nice pics as well! I love that Christmas tree at your parent's place!

Tink said...

Those sound like really good White Elephant gifts. When I play they're always crap. One year I got a ceramic clown. A CLOWN!

I'm glad your Christmas went well. I really like the train around the tree. Hopefully next year Hoop and I'll have time to decorate. :)

Anonymous said...

good luck on the exam preparations! All the best :)

Like the little Christmas tree!

g-man said...

Glad you had a good one. Lovely pictures quite the fancy train! I got my wife a robe too. (pinkish purpleish)

tt said...

So glad your Christmas was good. I don't think it's possible for you to gain too much weight is it? You look perfect to me.
Love the pics. Thanks for sharing!
( glad you finally!! got the zipper pull too! ;))