Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm Looking California, but Feeling Minnesota

More randomness.......

1. I got a lot of good studying done today. YAY! I finished GI & I am such a dork b/c I love GI!!! I guess that's a good thing b/c I am going to be a GI surgical oncology PA (liver, specifically). ;)

2. I absolutely LOVE the new wine glasses that my sis got me. It is so nice to be drinking wine out of proper and nicer wine glasses. It's been one of those things I have been wanting, but just never got around to buying. LOVE THEM! They are classically beautiful, perfectly weighted, & they actually let the wine BREATH. Someday I truly want to be a wine snob. I do. Seriously. I knew I should have taken that wine class when I was at Cornell. shucks! Oh, but the bad thing about these properly sized red wine glasses....I sometimes pour too much. Hubby calls it an "Alli glass." I'm not a wino. I swears!













3. With the new Jukes, we are enjoying some good tunes. Thanks to ETK & Hubby, I am currently (and quite behind) REALLY loving the Garden State Soundtrack. Now I just need to buy the movie & some of the bands that are on the soundtrack. I heart Frou Frou!!

4. Speaking of music.... The title of this blog, for those of you that don't know or remember, is a line from an old Soundgarden song. I loved Soundgarden (still do)!!! Doesn't Chris Cornell have an amazing voice? I don't know what exactly the song means, but I think that is how I feel sometimes...

5. I'm bummed.... I was invited to 2 New Years parties this year, and I won't be going to either one. AND both are friends I haven't seen in forever. I need to be a party pooper this year so I can stay focused. 9 more days.....then freedom..... Then I can be social again. ;)

6. I like numbering things.

7 comments:

tt said...

New jukes????????
Do tell please.

R.E.H. said...

Oh, I thought you took Brown Eyed Girl from the Van Morrison song.

Does Champagne go in those wine glasses?

Have a Happy New Year!

Allison Horner said...

TT: The new "Jukes" are Hubby & my new phone see my "Techy Dorky Coolness" post below. :) Fun!!

REH: Oops. I meant the title of this POST. "I'm looking California, but feeling Minnesota" is a line from Soundgarden's song, "Outshined." That was one of their early hits from the early 90's...my grunge days. :) I think it means, I'm looking cool, but feeling bummed. I've been a little bummed lately due to the lack of being able to be social!!! I am so looking to working again, making new friends, seeing old friends, and just having a normal schedule again....

Jen said...

Happy New Year Mrs. (& Mr.) Brown-Eyed-Girl!

We were invited to a party in the 2nd half (read: dallas) of our longhorn city, but we are staying in tonight. Which, really, I am very okay with. The husband has to work at 5:30 AM tomorrow, so we can't go crazy anyhow (not that we ever really do so much anymore. . . ).

those wine glasses look phenomenal! T always says I pour too much wine too - we're gonna drink it anyway. . . duh! Actually, I've learned to be much, much better with pouring wine. I guess it does better breathing and all that jazz with only pouring 4-6 oz. of it at a time.

I like listing too.

P.S. Tell me when you want me to come see you & I'll check thy schedule. (what's up with me and "thy" lately? It's like I think I'm Elizabethean or sumptin'. . . )

Unknown said...

Way to go on getting studying done. It's so hard to do, especially if you're going at it alone and not in class (which, in its sad little way, helps you keep a semi-regular schedule).

You might have to tutor me a little in GI. It was one of the systems I didn't quite get the hang of very well. Oops.

Happy New Year!!

ETK said...

Yay! You rock girlie! Post about your fabo dinner last night! :)

Allison Horner said...

Jen: Maybe we can meet up after my exam sometime this month??? I can also offer to drive up there, too. Either way is cool with me. You are always welcome at the Casa del Alli & Hubby. :) I'll give you a ringy-dingy after the monster next week. I owe you a call, so we can finally chat again. ;)

Cinn: Studying has been soooo hard to do during this Holiday season!!! I have always studied best on my own, so I don't mind the whole not being in class thing. Sometimes studying with others ends up being a distraction & less efficient for moi. I would totally try to tutor you in GI if you can tutor me in Renal & Ortho!!! Renal scares me & ortho bores me. ;)

ETK: Thanks & your wish is my command. :)