Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm so stumped, disappointed, & in tears

I just don't know what to do. The dog has now busted out of her 3rd kennel.

Apparently she greated the hubby at the door, and THANK GOD she didn't destroy the blinds like the last 2 times (once here and once in the old apt).

She is so strong and so determined to not be in a kennel. But she has to be or else she will potentially destroy things in our townhome.

Anyway, I am so frustrated, disappointed, tired, I just don't know what to do and have been in tears over it tonight. I have found some industrial crates online, but they are super expensive and would have to be ordered online.

I am now starting to wonder if maybe I need to find her a new home where someone has more time for her. Perhaps we are too busy for her. The thought of having to find her a new home brings me to tears.

But what do I do?

:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cesar Millan can work wonders! Do you watch him on the National Geographic channel? Have you heard of him? You can rent his DVD's on Netflix or buy them online at (which also has helpful tips, hints and info.):

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com

He's awesome! I have four dogs and I have used his techniques on all of them. So far, they've proven vey effective. He does have specific DVD's for specific behavioral problems. Maybe you could try this before finding her a home?

Trust me, I know animals are frustrating and a little help with them can go a long way. Cesar can help you. Don't cry - things always work out on how they are supposed to do so. It will be okay.

Allison Horner said...

I really don't want to find her a new home. I love her too much & am very attached to her.....not too mention have been through a lot with her. I am just frustrated. The hubby has reattached the door to the kennel. I had a blanket covering it to make it more "den-like", but she pulled some of it through the small slots on the door of the kennel. I think that gave her some leverage to bust the door off. So, no more blanket over the kennel. I hope, hope, hope that it won't come off again. I have heard and seen the "Dog whisperer." I'll look into his advice. If she busts through this kennel, then I'll just have to dish out the money for one of the industrial ones. I also REALLY don't want to have to use anxiolytics like the vet recommends...... We'll see what happens....

Anonymous said...

Have you thought I getting her a friend? I've heard that dogs do distructive thing out of boredom sometimes..so maybe she needs a playmate to keep her entertained while you two are gone. That's how we ended up getting 'love dog'..Pebbles was sooo bored and lonely. Now, she's anoyed and happy.:)( I think)
We keep their 'houses' next to each other so they can see one another too.
Just a thought.
No tears...Like Jen said, it'll work out.
xo