Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ok! I'll try it!!!

I never thought that I would do this blogging thing. Why do we post our lives all over the web? Well, sounds like so many people have fun with it, so I thought I would try it. So here goes.....

Unfortunately, today I am home with a nasty upper respiratory infection. Ah, the joys of being a PA student during the clinical year....exposed to so many bugs!!! bleh! "SNIFF - COUGH!"

I am currently in my second year of PA school, and am almost half way through my clinical year. The rotation that I am on right now is at a family & internal medicine clinic in Alvin. I work with a physician, a PA, and their staff. As a student, I go in and see the patient first and then present to the physician or PA with my assessment and plan for the patient. Then we go in together to see the patient again, and the physician/PA creates their own or agrees with my A&P. So far I have completed OB/GYN, Pediatrics, and LBJ pedi ER, Geriatrics inpatient, and community/underserved internal medicine in Nacogdoches. After this medicine rotation, I will have my primary care block in which I will be doing more family medicine in Port Arthur, cardiology in Texas City, and psychiatry in Kingwood. My last block is general surgery in Victoria, emergency medicine, and my last rotation is my surgery elective at MD Anderson. I end my clinicals in June of 2007, and then I spend the rest of the year on research, practice issues classes, and studying for the board exam. I think we finish up in October, but don't graduate until mid-December 2007. I'll probably take my board exam in January 2008, and hopefully quickly have a job soon after that. PHEW! Well, that's a synopsis of what I have instore for the rest of my time in school.

"SNIFF!" Man, I hate being sick!!! Time to go rest and sniff & cough some more..... grrrr.

More later...


~ Alli - AKA: " the tired PA student"

1 comment:

ETK said...

Yay! You're here! :) Can't wait to read all about it!