Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's a good life

Well, the good thing about the hubby & I being sick is that it gave us an excuse to be lazy all day Saturday. We slept in (meaning past 7am) & watched football and movies all day! It was so nice! AND I actually got to place house-wifie for a chance....made some rice-crispy treats and a yummy Italian chicken dinner with a nice glass of red vino. The hubby is usually the one who plays "house-husband" since I have been in school. Pre-PA school, the house work and cooking was pretty evenly spread between us, but he has been so awesome at taking on the tough role of house-hubby (and still working full-time of course). I try to help out as much as I can when I can, and some medical rotations allow for more time than others. Anywho, it was a nice, lazy day!

So, when did our nation decide to jump straight from Halloween to Christmas??? Has anyone else noticed this insanity. I swear, as soon as Nov 1 hits (and some places before that), Santa and other Christmas stuff is everywhere! Um, what happended to Thanksgiving???? Oh, that's right, a holiday of "just giving thanks" doesn't bring retailers money unlike Christmas where we actually physically GIVE STUFF to others and big retail chains can make money off of us. Quite sad, isn't it. The other sad thing that I am hearing is that some stores are feeling FORCED to say "Merry Christmas" now. I was one of those people that was sad to see the lack of "Merry Christmas" in stores, etc, but now that I hear that they feel obligated to say it b/c they were losing customers doesn't make me feel any better. Sheesh. Well, we live in a money-driven world. Atleast I know that it still means something sacred to my family members and friends.

On a lighter note, we are starting to get the holiday bug. We actually started to watch Christmas movies already!!! Yesterday it started with Home Alone and then.............. that's right........ National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. In our household it is a nightly ritual to fall asleep during Christmas time to this movie. AND we still laugh every time we watch it. It's hysterical!!! We have watched it so many times, I bet we could say all the lines in our sleep. Here are some great quotes from the movie:

Bethany: Is your house on fire, Clark?
Clark: No, Aunt Bethany, those are the Christmas lights.

[Todd and Margo Chester, the Griswold's yuppie neighbors, appear]
Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you. [Todd's wife Margo gasps]

Clark: Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber.
Rusty Griswold: Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust.
Clark: Whatever, Russ. Whatever.

Great movie! :o)

So, today we went shopping looking for stuff for our upcoming ski trip (and only got some gloves ha!) and trying to get ideas for Christmas gifts. The funny thing was the hubby was pointing out things I got him for his upcoming birthday. I couldn't take it anymore and actually gave him his birthday gifts when we got home....a week and a half early!!! He loved it! ;p Now I have to get him like a pair of socks or something to actually be able to hand him something on his birthday. heehee. Perhaps next year I should wait until a little bit closer to his birthday to buy gifts. :)

Well, I better get back to watching the Simpsons, and then get some studying done.

YEAH!!! .... A three day week. It's almost Turkey Day!!! Gobble Gobble!


No comments: