Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It is starting to annoy me....

I am started to get annoyed with people asking me when I am going to medical school. I know they mean no harm by it, but I really want people to know that being a PA does not make one a lesser person than someone who is a physician. Also, like my other post about "What exactly is a PA?"states, people don't apply to PA school b/c they can't get into med school or failed out of med school. As a matter of fact, it is incredibly difficult to get into PA school and is HIGHLY competitive....some say even more so then med school. Anyway, we choose the profession for various other reasons. It is a great profession in its own right. There are some PAs that do eventually go to med school, but the majority are very happy with being a PA. IN FACT, I have had several MDs tell me that they wished that they had become a PA instead.

Ok. That's my vent for the day. ;) Now I have to post a positive note.....